1

Sitting on the porch of their beach house Liam was staring at the endless and calm sea. He has been dreaming about him. AGAIN.

He has been trying to forget him every single day and night for the past six years, but he knows that he can't.

Maybe because she looks like him.

"Dada, look" his daughter, Liza tippy-toed to him to show her drawing.

"That's pretty, baby." He said as he pressed a kiss on her cheek.

"Do ya wanna draw with me? Please?"

"In a minute sweetheart. I am watching the sea."

"But you watch it everyday, it's weird Dada"

Weird is exactly what Liam has been feeling, as if someone is trying to tell him something, as if something bad is gonna happen.

He kept his child away for 6 years, and birthed her 5 years ago, maybe he was selfish because he didn't want to be alone in this journey.

He wanted someone to love him purely and what else is purer than a child's love? He should convince himself that it's not true and that he didn't want to lose him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sweet dreams."

"Night Night Dada"

It's just been the two of them, he hasn't been in a relationship ever since.

Who would want someone who doesn't belong to the place and who has barely any time for romance?

"Hi, lad. Why ya frowning this fine evening?" Niall asks me as he gives me a tight hug, he is Irish. And he loves giving hugs. He was the first person I met when I came here. He hands me a glass of local beer.

"Nothing Ni. I'm just feeling weird. Today it's been 6 years since I left Italy."

"Ughh...will you even forget about that? That was past Li and this is your present and Liza is your future"

"Would you be able to forget after what happened and what I learned and went I went through? You can't"

He has already told Niall everything about his love life, his unplanned pregnancy and how he is a mafia.

"Well I would probably be shocked at first, but you are safe now. With us....with everyone here."

"I told you I won't live in Cuba forever. I like it here, but it's not a place I want to settle in for a long time. I planned to be here two years maximum, but decided to stay because l like you"

"Aw, you're sweet. I'm going to be so sad if you
leave. And Liza."

"It's mostly for her too. Her main language is English and her second one is Italian. She should study and grow up in Europe, I just don't know how to keep her safe."

"You want to risk it?"

"He probably forgot about me anyway. It's been ages and.. he doesn't even know about Liza. Why would he care?"

"Liam, are you fucking crazy? You want to move back to Italy?" he stares at me disappointed.

"Maybe"

"And how will you explain it to Liza?"

"She knows we are from Italy and I told her I like it
there. Her grandparents are there if they...want to see me, of course. She's five, she won't care, but she will be glad when she's older"

"You are the parent, I can't talk you out of it, but at least think it through. Where will you live, work, and Liza's future school"

"I know, I'll work on it, but I'm just saying. I feel like ... I feel like it's time"