❀ Chapter Four- Worst Fear ❀

Warnings: Swearing, phobias, etc.

Something was missing.

Namjoon could feel it since he came back home. But he couldn't say what it was. He couldn't remember.

It seemed like he'd left something behind while he was out.

He sat down on his bed, trying to remember as his fingers trailed on the treated bruise he'd got bumping into that bookcase at that bookstore.

And he remembered the guy he met there...

Jin.

Something about him made him smile, though he didn't realize what he was doing.

Jin definitely was something. Namjoon had never felt this way about any other random strangers he ever encountered.

But he couldn't explain what this feeling was.

Maybe it was pity. Namjoon remembered his face when he'd turned to look at him when he took the textbook.

Dark floppy hair, bright doe eyes, soft-looking cheeks and full lips. Namjoon remembered the exhausted look in his eyes and how disappointed he looked when he took the book. He'd felt a pang in his chest. His appearance was so ethereal and yet so pitiful. And Namjoon couldn't take it.

He needed that book too, but he felt that Jin's need was more important than his own. Even though he'd never seen him before in his life. He just felt that it was natural for him to put that boy in that oversized blue sweater before himself in his mind.

And he didn't understand why.

He ran his hand through his hair, frustrated. He remembered the smile he'd given him. So happy and so relieved... So sweet. Namjoon felt another pang in his chest and something squirming uncomfortably in his stomach.

And the sound of his laughter...

Groaning, he leaned forward, hiding his face in his hands. "What the fuck is wrong with me?" He said, sighing. "He's just a stranger. Why am I thinking so much about him?"

Namjoon sat up straight again, determined. "I just need a distraction."

And I don't have any reason to bring that Jin or whatever his name is up again in my head, he added mentally. I don't even know who he is.

With this resolution, he stood up, crossing his arms and pacing around the bedroom. Thinking how he could distract himself and forget whatever happened that evening.

Right at that moment, he heard laughter from the living room and he immediately knew what he could do. Drag everyone's ass into the kitchen and make something for their new neighbors. He doubted they'd have time the following day.

He got out of the bedroom and walked towards the living room. Four guys- his three roommates, and cousin and soon-to-be roommate- were there, watching a TV show together, not noticing Namjoon enter.

Hoseok was sitting in one corner of the sofa as Yoongi had occupied most of it, lying on his back and his legs on the other's lap. Taehyung and Jungkook were on the floor on top of the carpet, wrapped in the same blanket and cuddling.