.23. Happily Ever...Fuck You

2 days later

"Kairi?" Layla asked from behind the closed door after knocking.

It had been two days since the burning of Kairi Stylez and after cleaning up the mess, Kairi just wanted to be alone.

After no response, Layla tried again. "Kairi, you have to come out some time."

Kairi ignored her again. "Hey now, we could always build another shop." Layla spoke again.

This time, Kairi jumped from the bed, barely, and walked over to the door, swinging it open. "It's not about another shop. That was the first location for Kairi Stylez, the first shop I opened. That was my baby" Kairi fussed.

"But it won't be the last. You have to come out of this shell Kai Bear." Layla spoke as she walked into the room, handing Kairi a plate of grilled chicken salad.

"I'm just so sad. That was my baby. My first one." Kairi took the plate as she cried.

Layla nodded, taking a seat on Kairi's bed as Kairi sat beside her.

"We're going to rebuild it. Bigger and better. I know it's hard to see your first project go down the drain but now we turn it around. Re-design your baby how you would have wanted it in the beginning, if you had the coins for it." Layla told her.

Kairi nodded, taking in her words as she began to eat. She hated the fact that she even had to come up with new designs while trying to get other shops built, but she knew it would be worth it.

"Has anyone called for me?" Kairi looked over at Layla.

Layla smacked her lips and rolled her eyes. "Everyone called several times. Looney and Dave called the most" She said, making Kairi smile.

Layla left the room to collect Kairi's phone from the living room. Kairi shoved another fork full in her mouth before taking the phone as Layla returned.

"Aw. My best friend and baby daddy were missing me." She cheered, unlocking the phone to call Looney back first.

"Darnell, that's you?" Looney answered the phone, making Kairi burst out laughing.

"Hey, best friend." Kairi waved into the camera before eating again.

"Wassup? What are you eating? I want some." Looney pulled the phone closer to see her plate.

"It's a chicken salad" Kairi mocked a video she had seen recently while covering her mouth.

Both of them began to laugh again. "No, for real. It's good to see you smiling. How are you feeling?" Looney asked, sitting the phone in his lap while he drove.

Kairi thought for a minute. "I'm still sad but aunty Lay is making sure that I see the brighter side"

"Coo. Coo. Have you came out the house yet?" He asked.

Kairi shook her head. "I've been in this bed the whole two days. Only got up to eat, shower, bathroom and grabbing chargers."

"For what?" Looney asked with a straight face. "Not for yo' phone cause a nigga was calling three times a day like a meal prep"