.15. Wedding Bells & Sorries

Im at work writing lollllll LETS GOOOOOO

Kairi looked into the mirror as she smoothed over her maid of honor dress. Today is the big day for Kendra and Pierre to finally become one. January twentieth. Pierre chose the date saying that one from twenty equaled nineteen, hence the date one, twenty, nineteen. No one understood the equation but him and Kendra just agreed.

"Amore, you look so good" Paige spoke from behind Kairi.

Mama Paige had been making her rounds to all of the ladies and men just to make sure they were ready. She wouldn't let anyone mess up her only son's day.

Kairi looked back as she gave Paige a smile. "Thank you Aunty. You look great" She replied as Paige returned the smile with a small twirl around.

"Do I? Mama still got it. Nobody would ever know that i'm fourty-one"

Kairi gasped. "Aunty, I know you are not telling me that you had Pierre at fifteen then Keyierra at sixteen?" She questioned.

"Yes and no. Keyierra came right after my seventeenth birthday. But yes, me and your uncle were being nasty at my young age."

"Are you ready to see Dave?" Paige added on.

Kairi tore her faze from the mirror to the floor as she thought. She hadn't seen or spoken to him in three days, she didn't know.

"Maybe" She simply replied.

"And does he know about my little babies?" Paige asked as she poured herself a glass of champagne.

""Yes ma'am." Kairi nodded. "We just didn't have much time to talk about them when we met up"

Paige nodded in response as she walked over to stand behind Kairi in the mirror. "Remember to put yourself and them first." She spoke.

Kairi made eye contact with her throughout the mirror. "Always" She replied.

"It's the fact that none of you niggas told me she was pregnant. With my seeds. TWO!" Dave complained as the men continued to get ready for the wedding.

Looney looked up at him then back down to finish tying his shoes. "It wasn't my place. Plus, Unique would kill me"

"And WE didn't fuck up" Pierre added on as he stood in the mirror fixing his tie.

Dave smacked his lips, pouring himself another glass of crown and coke. "I'm tired of hearing that. I know what I did. I accepted it and i'm moving on her time but damn, two kids?"

"You showed us you never shoot blanks" Cairo said as everyone began to laugh.

The laughter calmed down as the door to the room opened. Everyone's eyes traveled to the door, seeing mama Paige standing there. "David, let's talk" She said with a smile

"Oh shit" Pierre said lowly, knowing that his mother was about to cause Dave hell.

"She said David" Looney joked.

Dave smacked his lips at the guys then raised himself from his seat to follow Paige. She led him down the hallway and into the open room, away from the dressing rooms.