"Aurora, daughter of Beron. I'm here to see Eris," she breathed out, unable to hide the shaking in her voice. Her stomach twisted with regret. She didn't expect a palace and guards. Though the eyeholes of the helmets only held darkness, she sensed the smiles that rose on the warriors' faces.

"Come with us," one of them huffed, reaching out and grabbing her arm. Aurora shoved the dagger back into its sheath before the second guard grabbed her. The gates creaked open and they marched forward, bringing her along with them. They climbed the stairs to the large onyx doors, which were opened by another set of guards.

"Who are you?" Aurora forced out, desperate to learn as much knowledge of this place as possible.

"We are the Darkbringers, we serve Keir, Steward of the Court of Nightmares," one of them spoke in a grisly voice. She shuddered at their name. The guards dragged them into a throne room that was full of High Fae. They were dancing and drinking, barely noticing the female that was brought in. Her eyes fell upon a tall male that had hair that matched her own. When his eyes moved to her, she saw the resemblance with Lucien in them. A sick grin stretched across his face, his hand outstretched.

"Hello, dear sister. I've been waiting for you," Eris spoke, bowing slightly as the guards let go of her arms. She fell forward at the sudden movement, stumbling slightly.

"Eris?" She asked, looking up at him. He gave her a single nod before offering his arm. She swallowed hard and looked around the room. Not one person was looking back at her. It was now or never. Aurora placed her arm in his, allowing him to walk her up a set of stairs and through a room. She blinked to adjust her eyes in the room, a hearth with a fire making it much brighter than the throne room. Eris dropped her arm, motioning toward a chair. Aurora walked towards it hesitantly, turning back to him. He had already sat in a similar chair just across from her.

"I heard you visited my brother earlier today. You did quite the damage," Eris clicked his tongue. Aurora realized the singularity in his words.

"You know he is not Beron's son?" She asked, carefully sitting. Eris chuckled darkly, looking down at his hand that rested upon the armrest.

"Of course. Why do you think we treated him the way we did? He's only alive because Tamlin and I struck a deal," Eris responded. Aurora swallowed, her hand resting on her dagger. She didn't know of the history between Eris and Lucien.

"What deal?"

"Well, Tamlin is bloodthirsty for Rhysand and Feyre. With their deaths comes the collateral: The Illyrian bastards, the Archeron sisters, that devilish female Amren, and of course, the lovely Morrigan. You, sister, have fallen into that list given your recent... Situation." Aurora's brows furrowed, not understanding the deal he mentioned.

"What situation? What is your half of this deal?" She asked, sharpening her voice. Eris grinned again.

"You see, as my sister, I'm not sure what kind of power you possess. Currently, I'm next for High Lord. I don't find you as much of a threat, but seeing that the other High Lords have accepted Feyre as High Lady, I don't want any chance of losing my position. My half of the deal is your death. Tamlin will take his time with you, of course, but eventually, the rest of them will come for you. Azriel first, of course, and then the rest will trickle in. Tamlin will get the revenge he craves, and I remain in line for High Lord. It's simple," Eris explained, teeth gleaming at her.

"Where is Tamlin, now, then?" Aurora asked, poison laced on her tongue. Eris flicked his eyes to the doorway they had come through, her heart stopping. Aurora shot to her feet, dagger ready. Tamlin stood in the frame, Lucien limping behind him.

"Hello, little warrior," Tamlin grinned. She had seen him once upon a time, as a child. He was a little older than her, and had been at a feast in the Winter Court held by Kallias's father. Her heart was racing hand gripping the dagger.

"Tamlin," she greeted with a snarl. Eris stood from his seat, patting Aurora on the back. She flinched, dodging his touch.

"Well, I better get back. Aurora, dear, I'm sorry we didn't have much time for sister/brother bonding but I'm glad your miserable life will end with purpose. Brother," Eris greeted Lucien with a wink as he slid past them and out into the throne room. Aurora kept her eyes on Tamlin and Lucien, in the stance Azriel had taught her.

"Do you really think you are going to fight against me with a dagger?" Tamlin asked, grinning wildly. Aurora just hardened her glare. Rolling his eyes, Tamlin walked forward. Aurora stepped back ward, feeling the warmth of the fire against the backs of her legs. The heat fueled her, touched her power. It reminded her of her capabilities, and her jaw set. As soon as his foot lunged, she leapt to the side. Fire rushed from the hearth and scorched his arm, a growl of frustration rumbling the room.

Lucien was healed on the surface, but far too weak to assist Tamlin. He stood against the wall, eyes wide as he watched. Tamlin lunged again, and Aurora spun as she leapt past him, the dagger striking the burnt arm.

"You bitch," he snapped, reaching forward much quicker than she anticipated and wrapped his hand around her wrist. Aurora yelped at the crushing grip, her hand spasming and dropping the dagger. She swore her bones ground together beneath her skin. He yanked her towards him, her face colliding with his hard chest. With her free hand, she brought her nails to his face, doing anything under the panic that ensued. She was taught not to act under panic by Azriel, but all training rushed from her mind when she remembered Lucien's words and felt the crushing grip on her. Tamlin roared, grabbing her other arm and shoving her wrist to join the other. Her arms bound behind her back with one hand, she could only rely on her fire manipulation.

Flames roared to life, rushing out of the hearth and against the stone ceiling. It spread, consuming the room.

"Fuck!" Tamlin shouted as the flames climbed up his back. His grip didn't loosen, not even when Aurora willed more and more flames. Her head shot up, hoping to see Lucien buried in the fire, but he was no longer in the room. She twisted and kicked, attempting to break free. Tamlin's hand squeezed her more, and she yelped in pain. Her eyes shot around wildly, trying to find any escape. She felt his other hand close on her waist, anchoring her to him more. Flames roared around them, the entire room completely lit up now. The furniture was made of stone, but the cushions had become ash in her power's wake.

"Let go of me!" Aurora screamed, throwing her foot back against his legs. He didn't, he began pushing her towards the door. In a last attempt, Aurora pulled at her magic again. Ropes of flame shot from the heart of the fire, wrapping around Tamlin's forearms and pulling. They both stumbled back, but he didn't lose his grip, not even when their skin was slick with sweat from the heat. Aurora's head lifted again, and she saw Lucien enter the room with an arrow in hand. He lifted it and then slammed it down into her thigh.

Aurora screamed, pain shooting through her body. The fire began to spark and die, Tamlin's arms breaking free of the rope. He shoved her again and Aurora ground her teeth together, wishing for anything to rip the pain in her thigh away. She felt the sparks of power dwindling as the pain spread. Her eyes filled with tears as she watched the fire retreat from the walls and ceiling, and then she felt another stab of pain. Aurora screamed again. Lucien had shoved another arrow into her shoulder. Tears wet the dried blood on her face as she was now being dragged through the throne room. Somehow, no fae turned to watch the act, all except one. Eris stood with a glass of wine in hand, sending her a wicked grin and a wave before disappearing into the crowd.