☆ Chapter 6

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊
Fallowfrost's POV

Fallowfrost woke up, blinking away sleep. He stretched, feeling the sun warm his pelt. He left the warriors' den, padding over to the nursery.

He crouched, carefully entering. He gazed at Tawnysky and her kits. Fallowfrost noticed that she was asleep. I'll just go into the forest to hunt while I wait.

"Morning Fallowfrost," Thornpool meowed, dipping his head.

"Morning, Thornpool. I'm about to go hunting, want to come with me?" Fallowfrost asked.

"Yeah, sure. I've been meaning to go hunting; i've been too busy watching apprentice training sessions and taking of Cherryfrost," Thornpool confessed.

"That's okay. Do you wanna get some prey off the pile first?" Fallowfrost flicked his tail towards the fresh-kill pile.

Thornpool shook his head. "Let's go."

They left the clearing, and went through the hollow.

Fallowfrost smelt the air. "I can smell crow, vole and mouse," he meowed.

"So can I. I'll hunt the birds; you can hunt the mice and voles," Thornpool decided.

"Alright, sure." Fallowfrost shrugged. A few moments later, he saw a vole searching for food. Perfect. He dropped into a crouch, putting all his weight onto his haunches. He got close enough. And... now!

Fallowfrost pounced, claws unsheathed. He swiftly bit it's neck. He dug a hole beneath a tree, and dropped the vole inside. Then he searched for a mouse. Gazing at the floor, he saw a mouse nearby.

He kept his body low, with his tail sticking straight ahead. His hind legs were ready to leap, and his front paws were ready to pounce. He quietly moved closer to the mouse. Now!

He swiftly bit the mouse before it could get away. Another piece of prey to add to my pile.

"Have you finished hunting, Fallowfrost?" Thornpool's voice was muffled from holding a bird in his jaws.

"Yeah," Fallowfrost picked up his vole and mouse. "Let's go back."

They walked back into the camp, placing their prey on the fresh-kill pile. Fallowfrost grabbed his vole and went to the nursery. I wonder if Tawnysky's awake yet.

He felt his paws against the cool stone beneath him. He walked into the nursery, seeing Tawnysky awake with his kits.

"Morning, Tawnysky," Fallowfrost purred. "I got you a vole. I caught this one myself when I was hunting with Thornpool."

Tawnysky gazed up at Fallowfrost, her amber eyes showing her appreciation. "Morning, Fallowfrost. Thank you for the vole," she meowed gently, gulping it down.

"That's okay," Fallowfrost laid down, close to Tawnysky and the kits. "And how are the kits going?"

"They're slowly learning how to walk, although they're still stumbling a bit," Tawnysky purred with amusement.

Fallowfrost gazed at his kits lovingly. They'll grow up to be great warriors, I know it.

"You know, i'm jealous of Shadesight's ability; she can literally become a spirit and fly!" Tawnysky meowed, keeping her voice down.