☆ Chapter 2

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊
Tawny's POV

Tawny woke up to strange voices outside of the den.

"Do you think we should check inside these dens?" A voice spoke up. "It's unlikely that there will be any cats in here."

Tawny quickly shook Fallow awake. "Fallow! There's cats outside of our den!" Tawny meowed quietly as Fallow woke up.

Fallow's eyes widened, and his fur stood up. He instinctively unsheathed his long, sharp claws.
They both sat up, the kits still sleeping.

The cats suddenly walked into the den, staring at Tawny and Fallow, their eyes wide.

"So there were cats in here!" A young cat mewed with shock.

"Who are you?" Fallow asked. "If you're dangerous, don't even think about touching my kits or I will shred you to pieces!" Fallow stood up angrily, his tail lashing.

"They have kits!" An older cat gasped. "Poor things! They're probably just being defensive towards us; after all, we did kind of just.. walk into their Twoleg den."

That cat took a step further, two other cats behind them. "My name is Cherryfrost. The white she-cat is Daisyfall, and the younger one is my apprentice, Leafpaw."

Tawny gazed at them. "Can we trust you?" The kits stirred, and started mewling for milk. Tawny laid down, and helped the kits to her stomach once more.

The cats gazed down at the kits. "You can trust us, I promise. We come from the Clans."

Fallow sheathed his claws. "The Clans?" he asked curiously. "What are you all doing over in this Twolegplace?"

"We're searching for new members of our Clan. Do you have any friends that live in this place?" Daisyfall asked politely.

"Actually.. we do. We have like, four more friends that live here," Tawny shrugged.

"Where are they?" Cherryfrost pressed.

Fallow sighed. "Aster and Rowan live next door to us, but Violet and Shade are next to Aster and Rowan."

Leafpaw nodded. "So you're saying that there's two cats in each two Twoleg nests up from here?"

Tawny nodded. "Exactly."

"If you want to save time, we can get them for you?" Fallow asked, dipping his head. "We know this place better than you."

Cherryfrost dipped her head. "We'll stay in here until you get back, is that okay?"

"Yeah. You can take the leftovers from our pile if you're hungry. I'll be back in a moment." Fallow left the den.

The Clan cats came up to Tawny with the prey from the pile. "Want some?" Leafpaw nudged a mouse towards Tawny.

Tawny nodded, gulping up the prey. "Thank you."

Leafpaw gazed at the kits. "The kits are so cute! What are their names?" She asked curiously.

"The brown one is Hazel, the tortoiseshell is Leaf and the light brown one is Fawn," Tawny explained, using her tail to point to the kit.

"Those are great names," Leafpaw purred. "When were they born?"