More then meets the eye

The rest of the day went normally as class was dismissed and everyone headed home for the evening, Zill and his friends decided to hang out at Spam's house after school which wasn't too far from the school

The rest of the day went normally as class was dismissed and everyone headed home for the evening, Zill and his friends decided to hang out at Spam's house after school which wasn't too far from the school. Inside Spam's garage, Kayla worked on some kind of project involving liquid being poured into tubes. Spam watched her being intrigued by the liquid turning into different colors, Jack and Vanexa chilled out on the couch watching Zill try and fail to fix a motorcycle he had on a bike lift.

"Damn it!" Zill yelled, throwing a wrench. "I can't believe this, what does Miles see in Damian to want to not only choose him to succeed this year, but manage to  convince him to want to do it?!" Zill asked in anger. "I mean... he's got money Zill, it should be pretty obvious to you the day you wanted to be a part of that stupid club" Jack said.

"Jack has a point, you know Miles just as much as Damian does, this shouldn't be a surprise to you at all, dude" Vanexa added to the conversation. "It's not but that isn't the point, if Damian wins this year's talent show I lose my winning streak, remember when Miles won, geez no one in ZPA heard the end of it, that bird didn't shut up about it for the rest of the whole month after that" Zill explained catching the eye of his girlfriend which slightly made her mad. "Your winning streak? Is that seriously all you care about right now? Not us! You know the ones that got you there in the first place!" Kayla said.

"Well when you put it that way" Zill replied. "Zill I think it's time you need to let it go, this payback isn't getting you anywhere and it's starting to really show, I can't keep defending you from doing something stupid the moment someone gets under your skin it's already difficult as it is now" Jack told Zill. "Let it go? Yeah sure like Me or Miles will do that, did you forget He backstabbed me! There's no way in heck I'm going to just let that slide, especially when he's got Damian on his side to help make my life worse" Zill explains.

"Zill, please?!" Spam comments before he got cut off by Zill. "Spam you're not helping either! I Couldn't sleep last night. All I thought of was Luke and his "apparent vision" that he supposedly saw, yeah like I would believe that, of all of the inhabitants here in Safe Haven this is probably one I'm really starting to question after that stunt he pulled last night, so how about you Spam..." Suddenly the room changed in a heartbeat which surprised him as He noticed he was not where he was before instead the site of burning fire coming from the inside of the building could be seen.

"Um guys?" he and the others were making an effort to escape the blazing heat running to a nearby exit as right behind him was Lucas standing there with his dad on the ground being watched over by an unknown figure who is standing in front of him.

Zill had no clue what to say, only being shocked in confusion by what he was witnessing with his own eyes "Luke? Is that you?" He asked, only for the confusion to come to an end as everything returned to normal. He saw his friends were looking at him in wonder. "Zill? You ok? You kind of space out for a second" Kayla asked her boyfriend. "I.. Uh Spam?" Zill responded, looking at Spam as his eyes widened. "Zill, is everything ok? Did you see something?" Spam replied as the other three realized what Zill might have seen. "Wait Zill did you see?" Jack asked before Zill cut him off with a response. "I need to speak to Lucas, cause we have a problem," Zill told them.

Back to Lucas

Luke made his way back inside the mechanic shop, slamming the door before locking it. He then sat on the couch to take a braver, His heart was beating in a rapid pace with his face dripping of sweat from running in fear of what he saw. "Listen Lucas calm down, calm down you didn't just see that, you didn't!, it was just a hallucination!, it was.. just a... hallucination" Lucas said in an attempt to calm himself down. After a minute of reflection he calmed down for a moment to think of the mysterious figure he saws

"What the heck was that thing? I mean obviously it wasn't real considering it  disappeared, but it sure appeared like it was real'' Lucas said to himself. "Whatever it doesn't matter, I'm probably just being paranoid or something" "but in all seriousness that was freaking weird" Lucas added as He then got back up and started to get back to work grabbing the drill on the way back over to the car he was working on before "Maybe finishing this up will clear my mind, hopefully" He told himself.

While he was working a random vehicle pulled Into the driveway of the shop which made the alarm beep rapidly. Lucas immediately dropped what he was doing in favor of going to the window noticing the unknown vehicle with black tinted windows parked in the driveway. "Oh you gotta be kidding me, that stranger brought backup! alright then you wanna play this game, then let's play it" Lucas then proceeded to move away from the window.

heading up stairs to his dad's room to find something to defend himself, as he was searching in a nearby pile of clothes a wooden baseball bat poked out making it visible to him. He immediately grabbed it as fast as he could, running over and closing his dad's door standing next to it for his chance to swing at however opens his dad's door.

In the parking lot

"So, is this the place?" Zill asked Spam while Zill was parking the car. "It says this is the address on the flier" Spam responds. "So I assume yeah, come on, guys let's get this over with" Zill said as he and the others then got out from the vehicle heading over to the door. at the door Zill knocked calmly waiting for a response on the side but no one answered, he tried knocking on it again to no answer so instead waited patiently thinking he was doing something at the moment.

Ten minutes later Zill and the others were still standing in front of the door realizing that nobody's coming to open the door which started irritating Zill who in frustration knocked on the door to once again no avail. "Hello? Is anybody home?" Zill asked. "I don't think Luke is home, maybe we should come back later" Jack comments. "There's not really time to come back tomorrow, babe you know how to lock pick a door?" Zill asked his girlfriend as She responded by aggressively kicking open the door to which it opened revealing the garage.

"Does that answer your question?" Kayla asked her boyfriend. As they headed inside taking a look around for Lucas. "Now if I was him, where would I be?" Jack asked before hearing noise coming from upstairs. "Guys, stay right here, I'll be right back" Zill told them as he walked up the stairs seeing multiple different rooms with one that stood out from the others when the noise started getting louder. Zill quietly walked over to the door, getting in position and opening the door slowly before taking a look inside. "You pick the wrong house, dude" Without hesitation Lucas swung the bat as everything faded to black.

To be continued...