Chapter 21

Nicholas Sparks is a genius, I thought as I re-read the Notebook again. I've always loved his stories but this one seems to appeal to me the most, especially now that I have known and experienced love. Noah's love for Ally and hers for him was lifelong and inspiring. Nothing could tare them apart, not even time. 

As I read through the middle of the book, I heard the door slam shut and I looked up to see Draco walking into my room. I was still a bit worried since yesterday Snape and him confirmed some sort of plan today but its 6 O'clock in the afternoon and nothing's happened yet. Maybe I heard wrong? What if my pregnancy is making me hear things? But that's improbable because I saw them with my own two eyes. I sighed; I wish I had a mother to talk to.

I watched as Draco grabbed his towel and went into the bathroom to shower and change. It was odd to see him here so early, he usually come around 11 or 12 but never 6. I wonder if finishing the cabinet was the big so called 'mission' as he spoke about yesterday. That would be the only logical explanation. I shook my head and went back to my book. I don't know how much time passed but suddenly I was engulfed between two strong arms. I smiled gently as Draco snaked himself into the bed with me. He was wearing his pajamas but he did not look the least bit tired. 

"Hey, love." Draco kissed my cheek and tightened his grip around me.

He began to place a lot of kisses on my neck. "Hey Draco," I giggled. "Why are you so loveable today?"

He shrugged. "Do I need a reason to show the women I love how much I love her?" I shook my head. I guess he's right. "Good."

"Hey Draco?" I asked. Then I realized that I always start with a 'Hey Draco'. I dismissed the random thought.  "Why are you here so early?"

He stayed quiet for a bit, "What book are you reading?"

I sighed as he avoided my easy question. "I'm reading the Notebook."

"Again?" he looked amused.

I laughed, "Yes again." Draco knows my obsession for romantic novels, especially where love prevails. "I'm at the part where Ally finds out about Noah's 365 letters."

He nodded, understanding. I had already explained to him the main point of the story and a quick summary on how it began and ended.  I laid down on his chest and brought the covers up to my lap. I continued to read until Draco spoke again.

"Alice," he began. "Can you promise me something?"

I looked up and nodded. Draco's never been this serious before.

"Tonight I need you to go to the Gryffindor common room and stay there. Take whatever you need, maybe a couple days worth that way you won't have to return here for a while." He paused and I placed the book on my lap, giving him my undivided attention. "I need you to promise me that no matter what happens tonight, that no matter what you hear or see that you'll stay there. Do not under any circumstance leave the Gryffindor common room. Understood?"

"Why?"

He sighed, frustrated because I haven't promised yet. "Because I love you Alice and it isn't going to be safe here tonight. Please just do me that favor. You’re pregnant and I can't bare to lose either of you. Please?"

I nodded, nervously. What does he mean Hogwarts isn't safe? Hogwarts the safest place on earth.

"Good," he continued. "And I also want you to know that no matter what you hear tonight or tomorrow that THIS, what we have is real. I love you with all my might and I know I said I'll never fall in love and that I'll never want to give my life to someone but know what? Your that someone Alice. I would die for you. You’re my life and I intend on keeping you safe." He hugged me tightly.