Chapter 5

On the carriage ride up the hill, I began to think. Draco is my best friend there's no doubt about that. But then why do I feel so giddy after that kiss? I keep telling myself that it's the hormones but it can't be. The more logical side of my brain is telling me that I finally have my first crush. But even if it were true, Draco has made no attempt to ask me to be his girlfriend so it's obvious that he doesn't feel the same. But that kiss we shared, it felt so real, so passionate, surely he must have felt something.

I glanced at him from my seat. He looked trouble and for the first time in the past three months I realized that he has developed dark circles under his eyes. He looks gloomy and tired. I reached out and grasp his hand, reassuringly. He doesn't move, only squeezes it back. I go to pull it back but he refused to let it go. I began to get all happy inside. What if he does like me?

"Alice!" I turned as Draco called me. "Day dreaming again?" he smirked and I blushed.

"Yes, but it's your fault seeing as you didn't talk to me." I sighed as we walked through the gates. "Draco something's bothering you, I know it. Why don't you trust me enough to tell me what it is? Maybe I can help?"

His eyes darkened, "No one can help me." I pouted and his eyes softened, guiltily. "I'm sorry but trust me when I say that when I'm ready I'll tell you, okay?" I nodded as we finally reached the entrance to the great hall. "You ready?" I nodded and he pushed open the door.

Everyone's eyes turned to us and it was difficult for me to seem indifferent. Draco gave me an unexpected kiss on the cheek before he walked away and sat down in his usual spot at the Slytherin table. While taking a deep breath, I went over to the Gryffindor table and sat down in a lone corner but it didn't last long because random people jumped up and sat down around me.

"Who are you?" Seamus Finnegan asked me. "Are you new? Did you just transfer?"

I giggled at his questions making the boys around me stare in awe. "No I'm not new. Actually I've been here for the past six years." I paused. "My name is Alice Kingsley."

"Alice!" Hermione gasped as she ran over to me. "Is that really you?" I nodded. "What happened you look, look-"

Harry Potter cut her off. "Gorgeous."

I blushed. Draco was right. I would be getting a lot of attention from now on. "Thank you, Harry."

"You know my name?" he seemed surprised.

I wanted to face palm right then and there. "Of course, I know your name. Don't you recognize me? I'm Alice, the quiet girl who always wears a hat."

His eyes lips up with recognition. "Now I remember. Well it's a good thing you changed, you look way better now." Ouch! I don't know why but that hurt. Draco never had a problem with my previous appearance. I nodded slowly. "So....would you like to go out on a date with me?" 

"No way, Potter! I saw her first." Seamus yelled as if I were a toy. They began to argue and I couldn't take it anymore so I just stood up and ran out of the great hall, leaving them to bicker at one another. I walked around aimlessly until I finally decided to go to my room. I walked up to the seventh floor and when I was about to reach my room, a huge mass pushed up against me and kissed my neck. I gulped. Adrian's back!

"Wow, Kingsley who knew that all of this," he ran his hands up and down my body causing me to shiver. "Would be underneath that huge, skimpy sweater?" I remained silent.

"What? You won't talk to me but you'll talk to Malfoy?" he squeezed my butt.

"Please let me go." I begged but he just kissed down my neck.

I'm afraid I can't do that, love. Your mine now and I feel like claiming you." My eyes widened as he reached for my zipper. I began to struggle against his hold but he was too strong.