Chapter 18

January came and went. February is starting out nicely. Draco hasn't broken down again which is good but I see him less frequently. He's always busy and I leave him alone because whatever he's working on is very important. It's important enough for him to miss classes, meals and of course me. He just stays locked up in the room of requirement all day long. But he always makes sure I'm doing something before he goes. He either leaves me in the library, with Hermione or with Pansy and the girls.

The only time I get with Draco is during the classes we have together and at night. But whenever he comes into my room at night we just make-out for a bit before he goes to sleep from exhaustion. But I'm not one to complain. Besides the lack of hanging out, Draco's a great boyfriend. He tends to my every need, which isn't much and whenever we kiss, I can feel how much he loves me. 

Right now, I'm eating breakfast in the great hall. I'm sitting with Hermione and Ginny along with the Patil twins. Since it's Valentine's Day the girls awaited anxiously for the mail to arrive. But I didn't. Draco's been so busy that I doubt he even knows what day it is. I didn't mind. It's just another day, I thought, as I poured milk into my cereal and brought a spoon up to my mouth.

As I chewed, I glanced over at the Slytherin table and was disappointed to see Draco's spot empty, yet again. I sighed and continued to eat in peace until the girls in the room shrieked as the mail dropped down. I watched in amusement as the owls seeped down and delivered the mail to the anxious teenagers. Some yelled in joy from getting something and others mopped sadly when they received nothing. I was about to get up and leave when a rectangular package dropped down and landed on my thighs. I opened the box curiously and smiled when I saw that it was a box of chocolates. There was a note attached to it.

To my darling, Alice 

I was pleasantly surprised. I thought he wasn't going to bother but I guess I was wrong. I took one out of the box and blushed when the girls around me pinched my cheeks while cooing. I rolled my eyes and popped it into my mouth. It tasted delicious. I'm usually a light eater but before I knew it the whole box was finished.

The bell rang and we all stood up to go to class. I looked around for Draco to thank him for the treats but he was no where to be found. I went to the rest of my classes without seeing him but when I walked into Potions, I saw him seated at the back. I smiled. I was about to run over to him but stopped when I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I hunched over and used the wall for support.

"Alice," Hermione placed a hand on my back. "Are you alright?"

I took a deep breath as the pain subsided. "Yeah Hermy, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" she asked worried and I nodded.

As I walked over to my seat the pain came back but I ignored it. Why am I in so much pain?  I took a seat and closed my eyes tightly as I placed my head on the table. I held my stomach as the pain increased. Slughorn has already commenced with class and I didn't want to interrupted so I suppressed my screams.

"Alice," Draco whispered near my ear but I felt light headed so his voice sounded distant. "What's wrong?"

I lifted my head and saw two Draco. "I'm not feeling so good." I confessed with a whimper at the end. "I think it was those chocolates you gave me. I probably shouldn't have eaten the whole box."

"Chocolates?" Draco sounded confused. I squinted my eyes but the world began to fade.

"Yeah, the one's you sent me this morning for Valentine's Day," I paused and gripped the table for support. "Draco, can you please stop swaying, it's making me dizzy." Then the pain grew to its peek and I double over in pain. I screamed in pure agony as I felt my inside, churning. My body gave up and I remember falling into someone's arms before it all went black.