Chapter 30

The next morning I quielty got up from the king sized bed, being extra careful to not wake Draco. I stood up and began to dress myself with last night's clothing. I proceeded to properly place the short black wig on my head, effectively hiding my golden blonde locks and my black shades to hide my big blue orbs. I had already put on my jeans and my blouse but as I secured my boots my ex boyfriend decided to wake up. He sat up groggily rubbing his eyes and I smiled. He looked so cute in the morning.

As I admired him, I couldn't help but to notice the horrid dark mark permenantly embedded into his forearm. I growled at it, my hate for him returning but it was quickly diminshed when my eyes trailed down to his left arm. My eyes widened but I kept my face blank. Draco was wearing his silver bracelet with my name on it. The same one I have on my right arm. I subconsciously lowered my sleeves as a thought hit me. Had I really been so stubborn that I carelessly dismissed the option that maybe Draco really did love me?

I adverted my eyes when he finally noticed me sitting on the ottoman couch in front of him. My eyes turned to his night table and I almost fell out of my seat. On his night stand stood a perfectly polished and framed picture of Draco and I during our trip to California. It was the one with us kissing on the beach when the old man passed by and took it without our knowledge. 

My heart began to ache as I watched him put his clothes back on. Draco Malfoy really did love me. The pieces were coming together. He always told me that he never wanted to do the mission and that he would never fall in love but what if he did. What if on the mist of his mission he fell in love with the quiet and shy Gryffindor girl in his year. I swallowed hard as my throat dried up from the guilt. Then an important thought struck me causing me to glare at him.

Regardless of whether or not he loved me, he was the only person out of our family that knew of the safe house's location. He told the dark lord and because of him my father is no longer with me. My eyes closed and I knew what I had to do. Draco and I were never meant to be together and the only way to get over him but also inflict some pain on him is to lie. Lie to him, my evil side told me. Break his heart, they said. Kill the love he did not want to have for you. Destroy him!

My eyes opened and I stared up at a fully dressed Draco. I relaxed my body and put on a care-free expression.

"What's your name?" I asked him lighlty.

He cringed as my voice reminded him of 'Alice', "Draco Malfoy."

My eyes widened in a fake discovery. "So your the one Alice always wrote to me about," I deduced and his eyes lit up.

"She wrote about me?" He sat down on the bed excitedly and I almost backed out. Almost.

"Plenty of times. See I go to Beauxton Academy and seeing as Alice went to Hogwarts we had to write to each other daily," I explained. I then put on a sad expression, "Unfornately she never had anything good to say about you."

His face dropped. "What do you mean?"

I shook my head. "Oh no, I've said to much."

His eyes turned pleadingly, "Please tell me."

I sighed and nodded. "Fine, you seem like a nice guy and since Alice is dead she won't hate me for revealing her plan."

"Plan?"

"Yes, Malfoy her plan to gain popularity," I began. "See Alice was tired of the yearly struggle she faced with bullies and I told her to date someone popular. Of course, Alice being a Gryffindor she bet she could make the Slytherin Prince himself fall for her and from what you tell me it worked."

His expression was mixed with hurt and betrayal, "Your lying, my sweet Alice would never do such a thing. She loved me."

My heart ached when he said this. It was how I felt when Bellatrix and Narcissa told me about Draco. I constantly denied it and whenther or not it was true. Draco still betrayed me and for that he must pay. The old Alice would have forgave him but not me. I'm going all the way with this revenge and no matter what, I'm not looking back.