Chapter 24

Opening my eyes, I was relieved to see the safe house's lights on. Squinting my eyes closer, I could see a bunch of guards on the porch talking to a man that appeared to be my father. I smiled at his authoritive figure, towering over his peers. My father appeared frustrated and angry but I wouldn't blame him. He probably thinks I'm dead. My eyes dropped down to look at the sand. I should be dead. I'm supposed to be dead. But my little baby saved me. My life was saved in exchange for that of my child’s. I blinked and cleared away the tears before turning to face Draco. We were a few feet from the house and the bushes concealed us perfectly.

"...I guess this is where we say goodbye," I said sadly.

He shook his head. "This isn't goodbye. It's more of a see you later kind of thing." I smiled at his words. "Alice, please take care of yourself. We've already lost our child; I couldn't stand living, if I lost you," he pressed his lips against mine and I almost begged him to stay. Almost.

Once we separated, I looked up at him, my eyes glossy with fresh tears and hugged him. He instantly returned it and after a few seconds, we both sighed. "Be careful, Draco. Please," I told him, my voice full of emotion. "I can't- no I won't lose you. I've already lost everyone else in my life; please don't be one of them," I paused. "And promise me that you'll at least write to me. It helps to know that you’re safe and most importantly, that your alive."

He nodded, "I promise." He looked over my shoulder and then back at me with a longing expression. "I love you Alice, so so much."

Tears fell down my now rosy cheeks. "I love you too, Draco."

I gave him one last peck on the lips, savoring the taste before watching him dissaparte back to the Manor. I dried my face with my hands and sighed. 

Taking a deep breath, I walk out of the bushes and over to the house. Slowly, but surely the figures began to turn around, aiming their wands cautiously at the new intruder. I continued to walk at the same pace, my bare feet feeling tingly from the dry sand. After a moment, one of them must have recognized me because I heard them yell, "Robert, its Alice."

"ALICE!!!" My father's booming voice echoed throughout the deserted beach. I stopped walking when I saw his tall and handsome frame approaching me. "You're alive," he said disbelievingly and I nodded, tears streaming unsteadily down my face.

"Daddy!" My voice crocked. My feet took off running towards him and he did the same. When I reached him, his muscular arms engulfed me into a protective hug. I sobbed uncontrollably on his chest while he rocked me from side and side; tell me it'll be okay. 

My father picked me up and brought me inside the newly refurbished house. That last time I was here, I was with Draco and let's just say I was too busy to worry about the lack of furniture. My father took me up to my old room and sat us down on the bed. I clanged to him, crying without halt. I may have cried before but it was nothing compared to how I feel now. It's like the wound I tried so desperately to close, has opened up and no matter how much I cry it won't close.

"Alice sweetheart, tell me what happened," my father said pain evident in his voice.

"M-My b-baby," I sobbed, endlessly and my father realized what I meant. He glanced down at my now, flattened stomach and let out an angry growl. I proceeded to tell him everything that had transpired in the like few days. My father was beyond livid but he controlled himself because of me.

"I-I'm s-scared," I admitted while wiping the tears away. "What if they kill you? Daddy promise me you won't die! Please, you’re all I have left."

"What about Draco?" my father said through clenched teeth.