"Enough! Nesta, go lick your wounds," Rhysand snapped, and Nesta stilled and shot her glare to him. Aurora continued crawling back, grunting when her shoulders hit legs. She looked up to see Azriel grinning down at her.

"Fuck you! Run back to Azriel like the whore you are!" Nesta snarled.

"Nesta!" Rhysand boomed, stepping forward. Aurora watched the darkness follow him, threatening Nesta. She clenched her jaw, eyes snapping to Cassian who was now walking towards her. Aurora stayed silent, chest heaving as she tried to refill her lungs. Her eyes fell to Nesta's biceps, handprints burned into the skin. Aurora's handprints. She gasped when she felt a cold hand on her arm, Azriel bending down to try and help her stand.

"No," she muttered, shoving away from him and standing on her own. Being touched by him had affected everything: Friendships, safety, respect. As much as she wished to be near him, she didn't want his hands on her. Azriel gave her a confused look as she shifted on her feet and smoothed her dress. Aurora ignored it and looked to Rhysand.

"I didn't mean to burn her, I didn't know what else to do. I panicked," Aurora breathed out, voice unsteady and breathy. Rhysand shrugged, his eyes moving to Aurora's throat. Her fingers went to the sore spot instinctually, wincing when she felt the skin; tender and wet? She pulled her hand away to see blood coating her fingers. Was it hers or Nesta's?

"She shouldn't have attacked you. I wanted to see how you would get out of it, you had it handled. Are you alright?" Rhysand asked, stepping past Azriel and Aurora, slowing as he waited for her answer. Aurora felt her throat again before nodding. "Right, then I'm going to go make sure Nesta isn't clawing Cassian's eyes out, she doesn't like to lose. Azriel, ensure she's not more wounded than she leads on," Rhysand glanced at the Shadowsinger before he left the room, boots echoing in the corridor.

Aurora turned her gaze to Azriel, his eyes on her throat. She swallowed, wiping the blood with the back of her hand. It was pouring from her, the pop had been Nesta's nails through her skin.

"Are you alright?" Azriel asked in a low voice, stepping toward her. Aurora nodded again. "Let me see," he whispered, just in front of her now. Aurora felt her chest rise unsteadily with a shaking breath, her foot stumbling back. He can't be that close to her, not in this estate. Azriel just moved closer, and then her back hit the wall. Aurora let out a shuddering gasp, eyes lifting to his. Azriel lifted his knuckle gently against her chin, giving him a better view at her throat.

"I don't think-."

"I was told to check your wounds. I am just doing that," he muttered, eyes flicking to hers and back to her throat. His hand moved to the slice and bruise, his thumb collecting her blood. "She cut through your skin entirely. It's going to need to be stitched," Azriel murmured. Aurora didn't respond, her lips parted and eyes wide. Azriel lifted his eyes to hers again, a small grin appearing as he lifted his crimson thumb to his lips. Aurora watched as he placed his thumb on his tongue, sucking the blood from it.

"Az-," she tried, but her voice was cut off by a gasp when he dipped his head, now his tongue running along her throat. As much as she hated it, pleasure coursed through her body. Azriel's lips kissed beside the wound, and then his tongue went over the skin again. Aurora choked on a moan when his hand grasped her waist, tugging her body to his.

"Let me lick your wounds, let me clean you," Azriel murmured against her skin, his breath sending chills throughout her. It was such a strange act, but her body reacted heavily towards it. She felt the warmth in her lower stomach, the tingling pleasure from his mouth. He kissed higher on her jaw, Aurora's head tilting to give him more access. Her eyes fluttered shut and hands rose to his hair, fingers tangling in the dark strands. Her breath was unsteady and fell from her in a pant, a small moan escaping when he sucked the skin below her ear.

"Azriel, what about Rhysand?" She asked softly, humming when his knee went between her thighs.

"I can hear if he's coming, and my shadows surround us," he whispered, voice raspy and low. Aurora opened her eyes to see darkness, faint light seeping through the grey tone. "I haven't stopped thinking about the taste of you, your cum and your wetness. Hearing you moan my name as you writhe beneath me. I've fucked my hand imagining you every night since," Azriel groaned, his lips finding hers. Aurora kissed him back desperately, gasping into his mouth when he rose his knee and her core came in contact with his thigh. Every worry and fear of consequences washed away as she pulled him closer, tasting the metallic sting of her blood on his lips and tongue.

Azriel kissed her harder, the touch of his shadows  cooling her burning skin. Aurora clung to him, wishing to feel every inch of his body against hers. He swallowed her moans when his thigh rubbed against her core, desperation making her grind against him.

"Az," Aurora gasped out, his mouth moving to her jaw. He hummed a question, urging her to continue. "Won't they scent us?" She asked through panting breath. Azriel pulled away, a grin on his lips.

"You're right, but fuck, I love the smell of your body begging for me." Her fingers tugged at his hair, a small smile on her lips.

"I think we should stop before you're banned from this house," Aurora responded, her eyes falling to his lips.

"How about you continue brooding in your room, refusing to answer anyone, and I'll be there tonight. It's risky but I can't handle another night without touching you," he whispered, pecking her lips. Aurora nodded, a blush coating her cheeks. Light reappeared around them, shadows retreating behind Azriel as he took a step back. Aurora cleared her throat and pushed off from the wall. Azriel rose a brow, motioning to her dress. She looked down to the the entire front of it stained with dark blood. "I'll be back, I'll stitch it up and clean it," Azriel spoke before vanishing into shadows.

Aurora took in a deep breath, calming her body from the excitement moments before. Azriel returned quickly, and Aurora sat on the chair that was beside her. In his hands was a wet cloth, a needle, and some kind of thin thread. He shot her a small grin as he knelt in front of her, wiping away the blood with the cloth. She winced at the pressure, suddenly remembering the pain on her throat.

"Sorry, this is going to sting," he muttered, looking down to thread the needle. Aurora just looked up at the ceiling, collecting some of the skirt of her dress into her fists. "Okay, here we go," Azriel whispered, and Aurora felt a sharp prick of pain. She kept herself still, attempting to keep still as Azriel ran the needle and thread across her throat. She gritted her teeth, squeezing her eyes shut. Footsteps sounded as someone walked into the room, but Aurora kept her eyes closed.

"Nesta got her deep," Rhysand spoke, much closer than Aurora thought. Azriel hummed in response, focusing as he tied the thread. When his hands left her skin, Aurora opened her eyes and met Rhysand's gaze. He clicked his tongue, shifting from one leg to the other.

"Alright, Aurora you can go clean and rest. Azriel and I have to speak about Tamlin."

She nodded, rising from her seat slowly and slipping past Azriel, trying to smother a gasp when she felt the cold touch of a shadow against her leg beneath the dress. She looked over her shoulder but Rhysand was taking a seat and Azriel wasn't looking at her. She turned forward and made her way out of the sitting room and up to her bedroom, ready to bathe the morning away.