v

𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘!

𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬, 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗢𝗘𝗦 𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗜𝗩𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗜𝗥 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡. peter is sure that they are handing off the alien tech.

he sneaks on top of a bridge, using his sticky fingers to keep himself from falling. out of the corner of his eye, he sees a flash of navy blue. once they arrived, he set tempest down on top of the bridge and left without a word. he felt confused as to what he was supposed to say.

in typical peter parker fashion, he had felt awkward.

anyway, so now, tempest is hiding down in the bushes below.

"okay, okay, i got what you need, alright?" man number one speaks, "i got tons of great stuff here. one sec," he throws the weapon he was displaying into the van. "okay, i got black hole renegades, chitauri railguns..."

"you setting off blasts in public now? look, times are changing. we're the only ones selling these high-tech weapons," man number two threatens to man number three.

"ohh," peter whispers to himself, "this must be where the ATM robbers got their stuff."

after a second or two, peters loud yodeling ringtone goes off.

of course, ned had to call at just the right time.

peter scrambles to turn it off.

"did you set us up?" man two asks, pulling out a gun on man three.

peter sets into action.

"hey! hey, come on. you gonna shoot at somebody, shoot at me."

he could almost feel the power of tempest's eye roll, and he couldn't even see her from her spot in the bushes.

"all right," man two turns his gun on peter. but before he could do anything, peter webs the gun. he rushes towards the van where man one punches him with the alien tech.

the men get into the van while peter is stunned. tempest stands up to go check on him.

"hey, spider-boy, you good?" she asks, standing above him.

"what was that?" peter shakes it off. he stands up, webs the door, and grabs tempest's hand, causing them to both be dragged with the van.

"i'm not sure if i've told you this yet, but you are about the dumbest person i've met, and i know some pretty stupid people," tempest grits through her teeth.

"i don't wanna hear it."

eventually, the man in the van decides he's had enough of the bickering, superhero duo and tries to blast them with the mysterious weapon.

"oh, my butt!"

"ugh, tmi dude."

they got blasted again. the driver takes a sharp turn and a weapon tumbles out of the back.

it's not until the duo is rammed into a brick pole that peter lets go.

"thank god i was behind you and you took the brute of impact," tempest snickers.

that sounds familiar, peter thinks to himself, before brushing it off.

the two scramble to follow the van.

"this way, there's a shortcut," peter grabs tempests hand. they begin to swing again this time however, peters more focused on catching up to the bad men to feel awkward.

"hey, guys. good game. have fun."

"sorry about him, he doesn't get out much."

𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗬𝗡 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗕𝗘𝗚𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗢 𝗣𝗜𝗖𝗞 𝗨𝗣 𝗛𝗢𝗪 𝗔𝗪𝗞𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗗 𝗦𝗣𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗥-𝗠𝗔𝗡 𝗪𝗔𝗦. it was very obvious.

after their fun adventure through backyards, they finally catch up to the van.

almost as if in slow motion, spider-boy jumps off the house into the building, when he is plucked out of the air by some weird thing with wings.

it seems as though he can't fit two, and aristyn used her brain and hadn't jumped yet. so it was just spider-boy, on his own. she looks up to watch him be taken into the sky.

eventually, he begins falling, straight into the water.

aristyn, from her point on top of the house, can't do much. she raises her hands and tries to bring the water to him, to cushion the blow.

although she is nearly a mile or two away, it still partly works. she jumps off the house, landing in a roll.

she sprints towards the body of water he fell into. on her way over, she's intercepted by hot light.

"mr. stark," aristyn greets, coming to a slower pace.

"aristyn. come with me," she nods and allows herself to be carried and flown to spider-man.

once there, he has her lift spider-boy up using the water around him. the three of them fly to a nearby park.

"and then he just, like, swooped down like a monster," spider-man recalls, aristyns hand is hovering around his masked face and suit. she is using her powers to pull out the water. "and he picked me up, and took me up like a thousand feet and just dropped me. but when i landed it didn't feel like i expected. like the water came to me, rather than me just belly-flopping."

"that would be because of me," aristyn mumbles under her breath.

"how'd you find me?" he continues, "did you put a tracker in my suit or something?"

"i put everything in your suit," after a pause mr. stark continues, "what were you thinking?"

"the guy with the wings is the source of the weapons. i gotta take him down."

"i was just dragged along," aristyn interrupts unhelpfully.

"take him down now, huh? steady crockett, there are people who handle this sort of thing."

"the avengers?"

"no, no, this is a little below their pay grade."

aristyn snorts.

"anyway, mr. stark you didn't have to come out all the way out here," peter waves his hand dismissively. "we had that, we were fine."

"oh, i knew tempest would've been fine. and i'm not..." he pauses to open his mask, revealing wires, "here. thank god this place has wifi or you would be toast right now. look, forget the flying vulture guy, please."

"why?"

"why? because i said so."

all the while this argument is happening, tempest is feeling lucky to not be on the receiving side of mr. starks wrath. it also swelled her ego when he said that he knew she would be fine.

this means she is good enough at something.

"...can't you just be a friendly... neighborhood spider-man?" aristyn zones back into the conversation to hear mr. stark say that.

"but i'm ready for more than that now," spider-man whines. aristyn rolls her eyes, she's done that so much recently they might as well get stuck like that.

"no, you're not. do you see tempest complaining?"

"no, but that's not what you thought when i took in captain america."

"trust me, kid. if cap had wanted to lay you out, he would've. now, if either of you come across these weapons again, call happy."

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗚𝗜𝗥𝗟 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗦!
another kinda weird place to stop but i don't want my chapters getting too long. i always try and round then off at about 1000.

enjoy !!