ii

𝗧𝗪𝗢!

𝗔𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗟 𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦, 𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗬𝗡 𝗝𝗨𝗠𝗣𝗦 𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗧. she immediately heads to the gym for practice.

on a normal day, the practice wouldn't be for another hour or so, but with nationals coming up, their coach wanted to make sure they were practicing all the time. but now, with this hectic schedule, aristyn had no time to become tempest. of course, mr. stark already knew about this and he wished her and her team good luck at nationals.

"good afternoon, aristyn," her coach greets as she passes her.

"good afternoon," aristyn responds with a sweet smile and a flick of her hair over her shoulder.

as she pushes the door open to the locker room, her ears are greeted with cecelia and maddie's voices.

"so i said to her, 'i don't care that you're my sister, don't steal my shit," cecelia was recounting. for a co-captain, cecelia wasn't the greatest influence.

"and what did she say?" maddie asks.

"this bitch goes, 'you've stolen my stuff before'," cecelia pauses, her mouth agape, "when have i ever done that? ugh, i'm so done with her."

"what happened?" aristyn asks as she sets her stuff down and starts changing.

"kala stole my shirt this morning," the setter rolls her eyes as she shrugs her blue practice shirt on.

aristyn laughs. she finishes getting ready, putting her sleeves on and throwing her curls up in a high ponytail.

"okay girls, these next few days are gonna be hell for you. for the rest of this week, we will be practicing every single day for four hours. fridays practice will be a little bit shorter. after the weekend we will have one extra long practice before we leave for nationals on tuesday," coach tells the team. all the girls are sitting on the benches in the locker room, staring at their coach and the whiteboard. "nationals can last for a day, or it can last for almost a week, that depends on how you play. i want you guys to want to win. not give up early so you can go home sooner, i want you guys to stay there as long as possible."

"i want to win the whole thing," cecelia says confidently, nodding her head with her red braids swinging. you can always count on celia to bring the spirit up.

"yeah! let's win this thing!" aristyn cheers, acting as the captain that she is, as the team gets up to exit the locker room, check-in, and officially start three more hours of hard, grueling practice.

𝗣𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗗 𝗕𝗘𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗦𝗣𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗥-𝗠𝗔𝗡. he liked being spider-man more than he liked being peter. every day when school ended, he would change into his new suit (gifted to him by mr. stark!) and go fight crime.

today is different, however.

on a typical day, he would see glimpses of another hero. the blue-toned suit and steampunk goggles forever plagued his mind. who could be behind the mask?

the hero always wore a navy blue cape with a hood and a matching blue mask that covered the lower half of their face. then to cover the eyes was a pair of gold steampunk goggles. gold accents lined the skin-tight, navy blue, spandex suit.

as said previously though, he never saw the fellow hero while out on patrol today.

to be completely fair though, peter has never really even completely acknowledged this character, just kind of seen them. he had watched their videos, and man were they good.

matching the blue aesthetic, they seemed to have water powers of some type, like percy jackson.

without the fellow hero, peter had more petty crimes to deal with. although a nice old woman gave him a churro.

"hey, happy, here's my report for tonight," peter started while sitting on a fire escape behind an apartment building and eating his churro. "i stopped a grand theft bicycle but i couldn't find the owner so i just left a note. i helped this lost, old dominican lady. she was really nice, she bought me a churro," peter pauses and lets out a breath, "i just feel like i could be doing more, you know? just curious when the next real mission gonna be. so, yeah, call me back. it's peter. parker."

as he hangs up he mutters, "why would i tell him about the churro?"

he then looks down at his web shooters as the cover for his web fluid pops off. to catch it, peter finds himself standing on the side of the fire escape. just then he looks across the block to the queen's community bank, where four men are sneaking into.

"finally something good."

𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗡 𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗬𝗡 𝗚𝗘𝗧𝗦 𝗛𝗢𝗠𝗘, 𝗜𝗧'𝗦 𝗡𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗬 𝟴 𝗢'𝗖𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗞. she groans as she trudges up the stairs to her room, muscles sore and brain exhausted.

pushing open the room of her door, she throws her bags down by her bed before falling on her sage green comforter.

after lying there for a minute or two, she gets a notification that the news started an emergency broadcast. it reads:

BREAKING NEWS: SPIDER-MAN STOPS BANK ROBBERS

dang, sucks that he had to do it on his own, arystin thinks, before throwing her phone down and getting up to go shower.

the hot water soothes her sore muscles and bruised skin. practice today had been non-stop receiving for aristyn over and over again.

first, they warmed up then went to hitting lines, where aristyn received each hit, diving and bruising even more than she had before. after, was running through rotation with serve-receive and covering spots. it was exhausting but every second, every mistake made aristyn crave more.

once the shower was over, she ran through her curl routine (if not her curls would be so frizzy!) and went to bed.

that night, aristyn dreamt of the upcoming tournament, except everything went wrong.

"aristyn, how could you have missed that?" maddies once kind face sneers.

"yeah, you don't deserve to be our captain when you can't even receive an easy serve. i should just be captain," cecelia rolls her eyes.

aristyn is sitting on the floor. she can feel the ridges of the snap-together tournament floors beneath her. cecelia, maddie, coach, and the rest of the team are all staring at her, disappointed.

"i expected better from you, you're the captain and libero, you can't make mistakes," coach's voice echoes in her head.

you can't make mistakes.

you don't make mistakes.

aristyn wakes up with a gasp. call her crazy, but that was her version of a nightmare.

she doesn't get any more sleep that night.

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗚𝗜𝗥𝗟 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗦!
lol i love making characters have crippling perfectionism issues like myself!

enjoy!!