Chapter 4. The Roswaal Mansion: Part 2

Start from the beginning

Before letting the blue maid go he said one last thing.

"HONESTLY...I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR PAST OR WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU BACK THEN...BECAUSE TO BE HONEST, I THINK I LOST ALL THE FUCKS I COULD GIVE AFTER YOUR LATEST DISPLAY...BECAUSE WHOEVER GETS IN MY WAY...IS MY ENEMY.

With that...he let her go as Rem herself was gasping for air. This man...was not normal...she felt...fear...she felt intimidated...she stared at the floor as Zarestia released Ram and left with her contractor.

"Rem..."

"Nee-sama...that man is...dangerous..."

"Yes...I know." Ram stated as she glared, she was pissed at Subaru for putting his hands on her sister but kinda understood why he did it.

"We'll need to report this to Roswaal-sama once he returns."

Rem said nothing but meekly nodded. Only thinking that Subaru needed to be eliminated at all cost.

Meanwhile with Subaru and Zarestia. They were currently walking to the entrance of the mansion. Subaru needed to relax and calm his nerves and the same could be said for Zarestia as well. They made it to the front yard and made their way to one of the trees.

"Zarestia, do you want to run a few laps around the mansion with me?"

"No, I am not in the mood, I'll just lay against this tree and watch you from afar."

"Alright then, your lost."

Subaru began doing some morning exercises, he did jumping jacks, squats, he even began stretching his legs. He wouldn't want a pulled muscle slowing him down.

Once he was done, he got into a running position.

"Here we...."

He then took off.

"Go!"

Subaru made sure to be careful, about the current area, using his top speed would be enough to destroy the said area if he wanted to. So he made sure to run at a decent amount, enough to where a huge dust cloud was following behind him as it formed due to his speed.

He ran laps around the mansion, he lost count after 10. After he was done running around, he skidded to a stop in front of Zarestia and turned towards her.

"So, what did you think?"

"It was impressive as always. I'm still trying to figure out how you can never get tired after running so much."

"When you're as good as me. Something like getting tired is nothing."

"Hmph!"

Subaru then hopped on top of one of the branches and relaxed as Zarestia simply laid on the tree. They both enjoyed the scenery and peace and quiet, that is until a voice called out to them.

"Subaru! Zarestia!"

"Hm?" Subaru opened one of his eyes and looked towards the direction the voice came from.

It was Emilia waving towards them as she ran towards their direction. The moment she got close to them, she began speaking.

"Good morning, Subaru. And good morning to you as well Zarestia."

"Good morning Emilia-tan, good day today isn't?"

"Mhm! It is! Wait...'tan'?"

Emilia asked with a confused look on her face.

"Yep, it's a nickname. I figured since you and I are friends now, I should start calling you Emilia-tan. You don't like it?"

"No! No! That's not it...it's just..."