Interlude 1

In an open and empty area of the woods, everything was quiet. Animals were minding their own business and Mabeast were doing whatever it is they do. It was completely quiet and peaceful, until a bright light covered the area. When the light vanished, something appeared, it was completely made of metal with the color scheme of black and yellow, its eyes were completely black, and the pupils were red. This mech was none other than Subaru's doppelganger, Metal Subaru. Subaru wasn't the only one that was transported to this new area.

All in all, it was completely menacing. The animals ran away from the area aside from the Wolgarms, they growled at the piece of machinery, intending to tear it apart. Metal Subaru quickly stood up and grabbed the said Wolgarm by the neck and started lifting it up. Metal Subaru then started scanning it, getting its biodata.

Once the scanning was complete, the machine continued choking the Wolgarm as it struggled to breath. The machine eventually crushed the Wolgarm's windpipe, killing it. Metal Subaru then dropped the now dead Wolgarm's body as it fell to the ground lifeless, the machine looked at the rest of the Wolgarms as they started backing up in fear, they feared the machine in front of them, because their feeble animal minds knew exactly whatever was standing in front of them was indeed a real monster.

The Machine instantly charged at the remaining group of Mabeast, it was a complete massacre, the forest was covered with blood and Mabeast corpses with Metal Subaru standing in the middle of it all. The machine, not wasting anymore time flew off into the distance at great speeds. While Metal was flying, its scanners sensed something, it wasn't chaos energy but something completely different.

It didn't take long for the machine to figure out what this kind of energy was. The stuff he was sensing was called Mana. Mana was pretty much everywhere, it was in living beings, the air, and it resided in these beings called spirits. It wasn't as powerful compared chaos energy, but it was powerful enough in its own right. Metal wanted more of this mana, so it flew off, eventually noticing a nearby village.

The village had adults working, and children running and playing. The machine charged towards the village and in a split second, he crashed into the center, causing a huge dust cloud to form as well as a crater. The noise alerted the villagers as they looked at the dust cloud, only to see a pair of two red glowing eyes looking right back at them.

"Who the hell are you?!" A villager shouted.

"..." The being in front of them said nothing.

The being simply disappeared and reappeared in front of the villager and grabbed the said villager by the neck.

"!!!"

Everyone stood in shock as the children hid behind their parents, shaking in terror as the being in front of them chocked the life out of one of their townsfolk.

"W-What are you-?!"

The villager suddenly felt weak, it felt something leaving his body as his vision was slowly fading away. Soon enough, the said villager went limp as Metal Subaru dropped the body and simply kicked it away as it looked at its hand and simply open and closed it repeatedly.  Meanwhile the villagers were still stunned as they saw one of their own seemingly die by whatever this thing was.

Soon enough a group of villagers with pitchforks surrounded and gathered around the machine.

"Whatever this thing is, make sure you kill it!" Another villager said as they all charged at Metal.

Metal sidestepped as one villager swung his pitchfork in a downward motion, the machine then grabbed the villager by the neck, lifted it up and plunged its hand through the villager's chest. The villager coughed up blood as the machine dropped him as he struggled in pain.