Chapter 4. The Roswaal Mansion: Part 2

"It seems the guest have awoken Née-sama."

"Yes, indeed they have awoken Rem."

The two maids stated as they were in front of Subaru and Zarestia's room door. They both had blank looks on their faces, almost as if they were brushing off what happened the night prior.

'So these were the maids that tried to murder me when I was asleep...'

Subaru turned towards Zarestia as she herself had a very angered look on her face. Subaru turned back to the maids and spoke.

"So you names are Rem and Ram right? Cut the Bullshit, Zarestia told me about what happened last night."

Rem hearing this, began to glare coldly at Subaru, letting out her true emotions about the boy in front of her.

"...As expected. So, what have you come here for scum? To die? Or to attempt against my sister and I again? Or perhaps against Emilia-sama and Rosw-"

Rem quickly cut her act short at Subaru's provocation but was interrupted by her sister.

"Rem! Keep it to yourself! He is Emilia-sama's guest!"

Ram was genuinely trying to prevent her sister's actions from generating more problems, she knew who Zarestia was, and Zarestia nearly killed both of them the night prior due to how they pretty much offended her by trying to attack her contractor. And from what Emilia has told Ram, the man in front of him managed to fight AND defeat the Bowel Hunter, and that alone was no small feat.

Even though she would rather side with her sister. At the end of the day, she knew her place, Subaru's fate was not her or Rem's decision to make.

"But Nee-sama! He reeks of it! The witch's scent cannot be a coincidence; he has to be apart of the horrid cult!"

Zarestia had just about enough of this maid and her foolish claims. She was going to say something but Subaru beat her to punch.

"So...Rem was it? Tell me, you and your sister had an encounter with the cult in the past right?"

Subaru asked as Rem's glare was all the answers he needed. Subaru felt offended, and very much pissed of. He gets invited here because he saved Emilia's life, only to get accused of being in some cult, as well as accused of attempting against Emilia's life? The person he saved a night ago?

He wasn't letting this shit slide...

HE WAS GOING TO PUT THIS MAID IN HER PLACE.

"Alright alright. So tell me, if anyone walked in here and smelled like shit, would you attack the said person?"

"What-!"

"If the person was I don't know...a child that had this "Witch Scent" would you attempt to blow the child's head to bits?"

Rem's immediate answer was going to be yes, but was then again interrupted as Subaru grabbed her by the color and slammed her against the wall. Ram was going to do something but Zarestia already handled her as she restrained the pink maid.

"If that's the case then your FUCKING STUPID!"

Rem looked up to glare at Subaru only to see a red aura and some of his skin a light pinkish tint as Subaru himself, was glaring into her very soul.

"YOU DON'T KNOW A GOD DAMN THING ABOUT ME...AND YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO ATTEMPT AGAINST MY LIFE?! YOU FUCKING HYPOCRITE...YOU'RE NO BETTER THAN THE CULT THEMSELVES IF YOU TRIED TO MURDER A INNOCENT PERSON!"

Rem couldn't speak...she was intimidated.

"YOU ARE SO LUCKY I HAVE RESTRAINT, OTHERWISE I WOULD HAVE BLOWN THIS PLACE SKY HIGH! SO LET ME GIVE YOU AND YOUR SISTER ONE SMALL WARNING...IF YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT OR TRY TO ATTACK ME AGAIN...I WON'T BE SO LENIENT AND I WILL DEFEND MYSELF AGAINT YOU MURDEROUS MAIDS."