three

"Well, I expect we all learned our homeroom manners yesterday, people, correct?" Darbus spoke as soon as the bell rang, causing the students to quickly find their seats

"Well, I expect we all learned our homeroom manners yesterday, people, correct?" Darbus spoke as soon as the bell rang, causing the students to quickly find their seats. "If not, we have some dressing rooms that need painting. Now, a few announcements. This morning during free period will be your chance for the musicale auditions, both single and pairs. I will be in the theater until noon for those of you bold enough to extend the wingspan of your creative spirit."

Alyivia sat at her desk, messing with the corner of the sheet music that was sticking out from her notebook, deep in thought.

"Hey." Alyvia heard a whisper from behind her, causing her to lean back as Zeke slightly leaned forward as they kept their eyes on the teacher. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Alyvia whispered back before the two quickly moved away from each other.

"...discussing the importance of Shakespeare." Darbus continued.
After homeroom, Alyvia was making her way through the hall as she was shuffling through her bag.

"Still thinking about auditioning?" Zeke questioned, popping up beside the girl, causing her to quickly look up at him.

"I don't know." Alyvia said, shaking her head.

"Come on Liv! You'll be great at whatever theater kids do." Zeke said, trailing off, causing the girl to chuckle. "Besides, weren't you the one who told me that I should do anything that makes me happy when I told you about baking no matter what the guys may think."

"I may have said something along those lines, yes." Alyvia said. "But you're an amazing baker!"

"This is your baking. Well instead of the whisk, apron and flour, you have like microphones, costumes and glitter."

"Interesting comparisons Z, but thanks I get what you mean." Alyvia said, smiling at the boy.

...

As Alyvia made her way to the auditorium she noticed a few people already there, along with Darbus, Kelsi, and Sharpay and Ryan.

"You made it!" Kelsi excitedly said, rushing up to the girl, grabbing her hand as she pulled her down the row of seats. "I promise, you won't regret it!"

"I hope not." Alyvia muttered to herself, taking a seat in an empty row on the opposite end of Sharpay as Kelsi rushed onto the stage.

"This is where the true expression of the art is realized. Where inner truth is revealed through the actor's journey..." Ms. Darbus said from center stage, holding her arms out, quickly throwing them to her side as the sound of a bell rang. "Was that a cell phone?!"

That caused almost everyone to begin pulling out their phones to check them as Alyvia watched in enjoyment.

"No, ma'am. That was the warning bell." Kelsi spoke to the drama teacher.