nine

As the summer days began, the search for a summer job for the Bolton twins were far from successful

As the summer days began, the search for a summer job for the Bolton twins were far from successful. From the trail of denied job applications that began to pile up, Alyvia began to think she would be stuck taking Martha up on helping her babysit her neighbor's bratty kid. Something she vowed to never do again, but if she wanted to have tuition money to even think about going to NYU she had to make money where she could. But to take her mind off things her mom thought it would be a good idea for her to tag along with her that morning to the grocery store.

As the mother-daughter duo made their way up the driveway with bags in their hands, the sounds of the boys' loud voices came booming from the house, causing the duo to chuckle.

"Boys." Alyvia muttered.

"Whoa, whoa. Whoa!" Mrs. Bolton shouted, gaining all of their attention as the room went silent. "Can we all redirect this energy by carrying in the groceries?"

"Yes, Mrs. Bolton." They answered together, causing Alyvia to let out a light chuckle.

The Bolton girl turned to place the bags she had in her arms on the counter, only for her to turn to be met with a basketball being shoved into her arm and Chad placing a kiss on her cheek as the boys all rushed out the door.

Alyvia looked over at her mom, shaking her head as she let the ball drop to the ground as she turned to help her mom unload the bags.

...

Later that night, Troy had filled his sister in on the amazing opportunity he got of working at Lava Springs Country Club and Liv couldn't be more happy for her brother. But what made it even better, was when he told her that he got her and all of their friends jobs at the club too. Nothing could ruin her summer now.

It was their first day on the job and the boys and Alyvia were getting the grand tour of the place, by the clubs manager; Mr. Fulton. Their first stop on the tour; the pool area.

Troy walked a few steps ahead of the rest of the group as he tried to catch the eye of the new lifeguard that was on duty, waving at the Montez girl.

As the group got closer the sound of screaming filled the air, followed by a loud splash as someone had fallen into the pool, causing Troy, Alyvia, and the others to all rush over to make sure the person was fine.

Gabriella dived into the water to save the person so they wouldn't drown as they continued to scream and flail their arms back and forth.

"Sharpay?" Alyvia called, causing the blonde to stop screaming as she slowly turned to look at the Bolton girl before she glared back at Gabriella.