Part 11

All morning Betty had felt extremely nauseous, but she did her best to hide it from her husband and daughter. As soon as she dropped her daughter off at school she stopped at the nearest CVS.

She grabbed a few items and paid for them before running into the customer bathroom. At that point she couldn't hold it in anymore, she fell to her knees and threw up every last substance in her stomach.

As soon as she stopped she got up and threw water in her face before sitting back down and grabbing the pregnancy tests that she had just purchased.

She opened the box and pulled out two of the tests before sitting on the toilet and peeing on the white sticks. After she had taken them she paced for a few minutes trying to distract herself, but when her alarm went off she jumped slightly.

She slowly walked over to the tests and turned them over to see two very clear lines on both of the tests.

Betty- Dammit. (softly)

She stood in front of the mirror, staring at herself as a few tears rolled down her cheeks. But as soon as she was able to collect herself she grabbed all of her things, including the tests, and left the store. For a few minutes she sat in her car, contemplating what to do, before going back home.

As soon as she arrived back at her house she walked upstairs to see Jughead in their bed reading the book, and he was so into it that he didn't even notice Betty walk in.

Betty- Hey. (softly)

Jughead- (jumps) Jesus, you scared me, I didn't hear you come in.

Betty- Sorry. (softly)

Jughead could immediately tell something was off with her, so he stood up and walked over to her, placing his hands on her shoulders while looking down at her.

Jughead- What's going on?

Betty- N-Nothing, it's nothing.

Jughead- Betty, it's clearly not nothing.

Betty- I'd rather not talk about it right now.

Jughead- Okay...do you still want to have lunch with Archie and Veronica?

Betty- (nods) It'll take my mind off of things for a bit.

Jughead nodded before pulling her into his chest, and that was all she needed to calm herself down. Obviously she still didn't know when she was going to tell him about the pregnancy, or how...but she would know when it would be the right time.

As soon as they pulled away the two of them relaxed for a little bit, Jughead continued to read the book while Betty texted with Archie and Veronica, then they got ready to go out for lunch.

Jughead- Where are we going to meet them?

Betty- Pops.

Jughead- We go there a lot, huh? (chuckles)

Betty- Yes we do, we have a lot of memories there.

Jughead nodded and looked down before Betty looked over at him and asked:

Betty- What do you think of your book?

Jughead- I like it a lot, though, I am confused by the vipers, what are they supposed to be?

Betty- The serpents, in highschool you were the head of a gang called the Southside Serpents.

Jughead- What?

Betty- Yeah, I wasn't sure if you remembered that or not.

Jughead- No, not at all...why'd I leave.

Betty- You handed them over to one of our friends, Toni, when I got pregnant with Amelia. You wanted to be home with me and have more time to finish your book.

Jughead- Wow, okay then.

Betty giggled slightly while she finished doing her hair. Jughead was already dressed and ready but he was just waiting on her, but as soon as she was done they walked downstairs before putting on their shoes and heading out to their car.

They drove to Pops, arriving after a few minutes since it was so close to their house. And as soon as they walked in they saw Archie and Veronica sitting at their usual booth. As soon as Veronica stopped the couple she jumped out of her seat and ran to them, wrapping her arms around Jughead.

Veronica- I'm so glad you're okay.

Jughead- T-Thanks. (awkwardly)

Then she pulled away.

Veronica- Right, sorry, you don't remember me. I'm Veronica, Archie is still sitting at our booth, tbh he's a little nervous, he wants to make sure you still like him. Let's sit so we can talk some more.

Jughead nodded and walked over to the booth sitting across from Archie while Veronica hugged Betty tightly.

Veronica- How are you doing my love?

Betty- U-Um, not great. (tears)

Veronica- Babe, please don't cry, I know this is hard right now but it will get better soon, I know it.

Betty- I hope so. (softly)

Veronica took Betty's hand as they walked over to the booth before sitting down, Veronica with Archie and Betty with Jughead.

Together they talked for a while, Veronica was helping Jughead piece some of their pasts together while Archie also was able to get some bonding time with his best friend. But after a while they decided to head home.

The four of them stood in the parking lot, about to leave, when Veronica pulled Betty aside.

Veronica- Betty, you're my best friend, you know that right?

Betty- Y-Yeah, why?

Veronica- I know something is wrong. The whole time we had lunch you looked so defeated. I know there's a lot going on with Jughead right now but I feel like it's something else. You don't have to tell me what it is, but just know that I'm here for you, whatever it is.

Betty- T-Thank you, I love you, V. (tears)

Veronica- I love you too, B.

Betty hugged her best friend tightly before going back over to Jughead and getting in their car.

Jughead- They're a lot of fun, I see why we've been friends for so long.

Betty- Yeah, we can invite them over soon for dinner or something. I'm sure they'd love to see Mimi, and I know she wants to see V.

Jughead- Is Veronica her favorite? (smiles)

Betty- (nods) She has loved Veronica since she was born.

Jughead smiled and the two of them continued to talk as they made their way back home. But as soon as they walked into the house Betty once again felt extremely nauseous.

She ran into the bathroom and fell to her knees as she hunched over the toilet, throwing up her lunch. Jughead immediately came running in and sat down behind her.

He held her hair back and rubbed up and down her leg trying to calm her down. Once she felt less dizzy and nauseous she leaned back into Jughead's arms as he rested his head on her shoulder.

Jughead- Betty, I know you said this happens a lot but I don't think this is normal, should we go to the doctor or-

Betty- Jug, I swear I'm okay. Please don't worry about it. (softly)

Jughead- I just don't think this is healthy, I don't want you to be throwing up every meal you eat.

Betty- It'll stop soon, I promise. (softly)

Jughead- But you don't know that-

Betty- Yes I do, I'll be fine. (softly)

Jughead- Let's just go to the doctor and have them-

Betty- I'm pregnant! This is normal, I'll get over it soon.