Part 12

Betty- I'm pregnant! This is normal, I'll get over it soon.

Jughead- Y-You...no, you're kidding. (softly)

Betty- I'm probably about two months along, but I don't know, I need to make an appointment. (softly)

That's when he let go of hee and stood up, walking into the hallways where he began to pace back and forth. She got up, getting slightly dizzy in the process, but she made her way out of the bathroom and stood in front of him while he continued to pace.

Betty- Jug- (softly)

Jughead- When did you find out?

Betty- T-This morning. (softly)

Jughead- Were we trying?

Betty- What do you mean? (softly)

Jughead- Before the accident, were we trying to have another baby?

Betty- Not particularly...but we weren't using a condom, we just decided that whatever happens happens. (softly)

Jughead- Jesus Christ. I don't want this right now, Betty! It's hard enough having to relearn everything about my own life, I don't need another child right now, especially with someone I barely know!

That's when he stormed upstairs leaving Betty standing in the hallway alone, as tears began to roll down her cheeks.

She heard him rummaging through things while she stood in the hallway crying, but when she saw him walk back down with a packed bag, she began to sob.

Betty- J-Juggie, please don't leave me! (sobs)

Jughead- (sighs) I don't want to hurt you, but I don't feel the same way you feel about me right now. My head is still extremely fucked up. I wish I could remember and love you as much as I used to, but I can't. And this whole baby thing is not helping. I need some time on my own to figure things out-

Betty- S-So you're just leaving me to take care of Amelia and this baby on my own?! (sobs)

Jughead- Betty-

Betty- So you've been lying to me since you got out of the hospital! You don't actually care about me or Amelia! Everything has been a lie! (sobs)

Jughead- I do care about you both, I just can't remember a lot of things which is messing with my feelings. I'm so confused and I wish I could love you but-

Betty- You don't, I get it! (sobs)

Jughead stood and watched as Betty fell to her knees. He wanted to hug her but he knew that at this point he shouldn't...so he just left.

As the door shut Betty's sobs grew louder but after a moment she was able to calm herself slightly and pull her phone out of her back pocket before instantly calling her mom.

On the phone:

Alice- Betty, hi, what are you-

Betty- M-Mom! (sobs)

Alice- Baby, what's wrong?

Betty- H-He left mom. (sobs)

Alice- W-What?!

Betty- (sobs) I c-can't...

Alice- Oh my god, honey, I'm on my way, I'll be there in a few minutes. Just stay calm.

Off the phone:

Betty hung up the phone and curled into a ball on the floor while she continued to sob. But thankfully Alice showed up within minutes and instantly pulled her daughter into her arms.