𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓘𝓥

Start from the beginning

Shadis' eyes widened, a glimmer of recognition flickering within them," You... You are...".

The sudden change in his demeanor caught the attention of everyone around us. They glanced at the instructor, their curiosity piqued by his surprised reaction. Do we know each other ? No, I would remember him... You can't forget a face like that... Or maybe he has changed a lot.

I fixed my gaze upon him, studying his features intently. And then, it hit me—I saw the familiar spark in his eyes. I see... He has decided to end up here.

He clenched his jaw, regaining composure, and barked," What are you doing here, Potter ?".

" To ensure that the sacrifice of soldiers who have given their hearts to humanity is not in vain and to give this world a bright future, sir !". I responded with unwavering determination.

Shadis scoffed, a mix of skepticism and disdain coloring his voice," Who do you think you are, Potter ? Do you really think that a scum like you can change things ? You live in a world of disillusionment !".

I held his gaze, my confidence unshaken," If I don't try, then we will never know ! I don't have to be someone great or special to change this world ! A 'scum' like me can make a difference, sir. It's the ones who think they have to be special to get ahead in life that are just delusional". I stated, a faint smirk playing on my lips.

A heavy silence descended upon the surroundings, the weight of my words lingering in the air. Most of the cadets looked at me with surprise, their gazes filled with a newfound respect. Shadis himself stood stupefied for a moment before collecting himself.

" I can't wait to see what you can do, Potter". Shadis said, a touch of admiration tingeing his voice, before turning to seek out his next target.

Oh, don't worry, Shadis. You won't be disappointed.

As he walked away, my mind buzzed with a mix of determination and excitement.

" Hey...". I heard someone whispering next to me, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I turned to see a tall brunette standing beside me. Her piercing eyes held a mix of curiosity and admiration. 

" You have a lot of guts to have answered the instructor in this way". She remarked, her voice laced with intrigue.

I couldn't help but feel a surge of pride as I replied with a mischievous smile," I wasn't going to let him walk all over me. I have a pride to protect".

A smirk danced across her lips," I like you already. By the way, I'm Ymir".

I grinned," Estella, but I guess you must have heard it".

Ymir's smirk widened," And I intend to remember it".

Before our conversation could continue, our attention was abruptly diverted by the bellowing voice of Instructor Shadis as he shouted at someone else in the room. His harsh words echoed through the air, causing heads to turn and ears to perk up.

" Who are you ?!". Shadis's voice thundered, demanding an answer.

A timid voice responded," Thomas Wagner, from Trost".

" I can't hear you !". Shadis barked, clearly exasperated by the soft response.

Thomas tried to repeat himself, but Shadis quickly interrupted him, his impatience apparent," Too soft ! Go practice in the cattle shed ! You, next !".

" Mina Carolina, from Calaneth !".

Shadis's response was cutting," Wrong ! You are from the pig shed, worth less than cattle !".