Confessions

~ALLIE POV~

"What do you mean by that?"

Bernard deflated, and sat down. He rested his head in his hands and sighed. "When I was 16, I was spending Christmas with my Uncle. We were having a blast. But during the night, I woke up to thumps and stomps on the roof. My uncle and I headed outside and we saw Santa and his helper. They both ended up falling off the roof. My uncle put on the suit, and I the hat. When I put on that hat, my whole life changed. I felt the magic run through me."

"Wait," I said. "You and Coco said that the last person that felt the magic was in the year 1702. That was you?"

Bernard nodded.

"What about Coco?" I questioned.

"Found her abandoned in the snow." He said. "I brought her here."

I was silent for a moment, and then asked, "What happened to your Uncle? You said that if something happened to Santa, you became head elf. So what happened?"

"Dog attack." He shrugged. "We had to find a new Santa."

I nodded, and didn't say anything more. We sat in silence, but instead of the uncomfortable tension we sat in before, it was more relaxing.

"Hey Allie," He said. "I-I'm sorry. I'm sorry about everything I've said."

"Thanks. I'm sorry too."

We smiled at each other. Perhaps this wouldn't be too bad.