The List And No More Visitation

~ALLIE POV~

Now in November, the doorbell rang, and I opened it. A delivery guy stood there, and I quickly turned my head and called, "Dad! You have a package!"

He came walking down the stairs, shaving cream all over his face.

"I have a package for S.C. and a package for A.C., are you guys S.C. and A.C?"m

"Uh, yeah."

"Alright, sign here."

We signed and he handed up boxes. Dad walked back inside and I walked into the living room, watching as the man brought out boxes in. I stared in awe as hundreds of beautiful red boxes were set in the living room. Dad grabbed an envelope and I peeked over his shoulder.

Here's the list

Check it ✔️

Twice!

Yours,

Bernard

"It's the list," Dad hissed.

I opened the first box and it had all the A names. I looked down at it and saw my name written in fancy letters, ALLISON CALVIN.

"Armand Assanti?"

Dad quickly tried to get them to take the packages back, but they all drove away.

A few days later, I sat in the courthouse with mom and Neil as Charlie had gone in to speak with the judge. Dad came in, out of breath, and just then the door opened.

"Dad!" Charlie exclaimed. "It's all, okay. I told the judge everything. About you and the North Pole."

I looked at dad's face, and I realized that if I wanted to see my little brother again, I would probably have to go to mom's house.

We walked into the judges office and I sat with my knee bouncing.

"After reviewing all of your testimonies, I've come to a very difficult decision. I'm sorry to do this in the light of the holiday season, but I'm granting the position of the Doctor and Mrs Miller." The judge said. "And Allison Calvin, is to also stay with her mother."

I jumped up from my seat angrily, turning to Mom and Neil. "No. I'm not staying with them."

"Allie, listen," Neil began. "We think it's best for you to be away from your father. He's not right in the head."

"You shut up," I hissed. "You shut your damn mouth about my dad! You both ruin everything!"

"Allie, please," Mom begged. "Not here in front of the judge. Not in front of Charlie."

"No!" I cried. "I hate you! You ruin everything, Mom! You ruined Christmas! You ruined my life! I'm not living with you, I'm staying with dad! I don't care what you or the stupid judge says, I'm staying with dad, or I'm living on the streets!"

"Ms Calvin, your mother is the best person for you to live with. Your father–"

"My father loves me!" I cut in. "He cares for me, when no one else did. My mother used to leave me alone in the car and would run into the store when I was little, she used to yell at me if I would make a sound. She–"

"Allie!" Dad cut in. "Stop, alright? Maybe it's for the best if you–"

"No," Mom said quickly, tears falling down her cheeks. "It's okay, Allie, you can go live with your father if that's what you really want."

I nodded my head, and I watched as Mom and Neil dragged Charlie out. I listened to Charlie as he cried.

"Mr Calvin, as of today, all of your visitation rights are suspended."