02

Dear September Rain,

Thank you for coming again. I want to ask him of things I wonder but I know it's not the way. Can I ask you instead? What does death feel like? The way everyone died before I forgot the world. Father says God called the sinners and they had to be cleansed before taken back. When I asked him why we were left behind he smiled and said we were spared. God gave us freedom to live in this world because we were good. When I asked what made us good he said: I know the way and all you must do is follow. When I asked if there were more people like us he nodded and fell his to his knees. He cried for the first time in my eyes. I asked him why he was so sad but when he looked up he didn't seem sad. He cried with a smile. It wasn't gentle and I was afraid. He must of known how I felt because he asked if I was terrified of him. I hesitantly said no and he lost his smile. I remember his hand raised as if to greet me and then nothing. When I woke up I could hear the window. It was dark and a tree was rushing against it. I could hear the wind create creaks in the wood. Elizabeth was sitting in the chair beside my bed. I woke her and she hugged me. Her little arms couldn't even wrap around me. Such a sweet child she is. I should learn to be more grateful.