Chapter 29: Things with Wings

Lucifer had heard rumors of an amazing piano player at a neighboring nightclub. Some of his clientele who had heard Lilith play at Lux had confirmed she was playing and singing at "Muse" and had a huge collection of boy toys vying for her attention. He stopped in after he visited with Dr. Linda.

Lilith sat at the piano playing. She wore a dark gold dress accentuating her figure and somehow making her look ageless. A man lay across the top of the piano peering into her eyes completely enamored.

She spotted him almost immediately and stopped playing. After reaching over and giving her admirer on the piano a heated kiss which made Lucifer cringe, she came over to him.

"Sa..., Lucifer, this is a surprise, what can I do for you?"

He regarded her coldly. "You are looking good for someone who committed suicide...oh wait you didn't. Just made it look like you had, not your usual motto -- must have been the opposite day," he said sarcastically.

She didn't respond just regarded him with one eyebrow raised.

"Your son, well your other son, you know your favorite one was injured yesterday. Turns out your buddy Asmo stabbed him with a demon dagger right in the wing joint. He will likely never fly again."

She paled. "Meni's hurt? Then I need to see him."

Lucifer shook his head holding his hand up in a stop motion. "Can you fix it?"

"I won't know until I see it. I know you hate me but Meni's hurt and I can hopefully help. Will you take me to him?"

"Fine." He jerked his head towards the door.

She followed quickly getting in the car. They don't speak as they drove to Lux. Lucifer felt wound up tight making it hard to breathe.

As soon as they entered she practically flew to Amenadiel. Both he and Maze looked shocked. Maze automatically grabbed her daggers but relaxed slightly when she saw the devil.

"I've brought mum to see if she can help heal the wing," he explained quietly.

Amenadiel looked at his brother in amazement but Lucifer avoided his eyes.

Maze's gaze was on Lucifer as she ran her eyes up and down his body assuring herself that he was all right. He gave her a tight nod.

Amenadiel looked at his mother guardedly as she returned the gaze with guilt in her eyes. "I know what I did to Lucifer was unforgivable and he has made it clear he doesn't want me in his life." She glanced at her other son. "But if he can reach out to me to help you let me at least try. Please."

The angel took a deep breath and in answer turned over to lie on his stomach. She gasped when she removed the bandage and saw the wound. She laid her hand on his shoulder. "Sorry this is going to hurt but I have to try." She put one hand palm up on his back with the bottom of her fingertips up to the edge of the wound. Then turned to Maze and Lucifer. "I'm going to need your help -- he can't move while I do this. You need to hold him down."

They looked at each other and nodded. Lucifer grabbed the angel's arms and Maze splayed her hands across his lower back and sat on his legs.

Lilith looked at the two of them. "Ready?" then she closed her eyes and very softly at first she blew on her hand and then put her hand down into the wound. Amenadiel gasped and his body jerked; his breathing became ragged.

Lilith took a deep breath and a wind cool as the north blew out of her mouth. Lucifer shivered from the chill. Amenadiel cried out hoarsely burying his head in the pillow his body quaking from the pain. Lilith repeated the motion for over an hour then stopped and immediately put the bandage on the wound again which had turned a pale blue color. She cleared her throat and hoarsely informed them, "If it worked he will be able to feel the wing again by tonight." She laid her hand comfortingly on his shoulder. "Meni, are you all right?"