Chapter 21: Cursed part 1

As soon as she was finished at the crime scene and the suspect was carted away for mental assessment - she knew he would never be released into society again Lucifer has seen to that - she went home for a quick dinner with Trixie. Julia, the babysitter stayed with Trixie so she could leave again and head to Lux. She had called Lucifer but no one answered. Dan had told her he seemed to recover but after what had happened she suspected it was just an act he put on in front of Dan. She mused going by history he wasn't exactly open with his feelings and tended to keep things to himself no matter how much she tried to get him to talk. Things had improved however he had finally opened up about his mother so that gave her hope the trust was growing.

She entered the penthouse to find Amenadiel sitting on the couch. He looked hopeful when he saw her. "Have you seen Lucifer?"

"Not for a few hours. I had hoped you'd seen him?"

He shook his head. "He knows that Maze and I told you about the humanity he kicked us out of yesterday. I came to try and make peace."

She nodded. "He was quite upset and felt betrayed. A lot is going on with him right now - be patient."

The angel rubbed his forehead. "My actions caused a lot of damage."

She had never seen Amenadiel looking so dejected. "He'll come around and forgive you," she assured him.

He shook his head again and clenched and unclenched his fists in frustration. "This is all my fault. I'm the one who lost sight of what was right; it was my actions that inflicted this on all of us but especially Lucifer. I don't know how to fix it. I feel like this guilt is tearing me in half and I want to help my little brother but he won't let me in."

She sat beside him thinking of Lucifer. "I don't know if she would consider it a conflict of interest -- probably but perhaps you could try and have a session with Dr. Martin -- as a patient."

"Trust me I'm the last person she would want to see." Amenadiel hung his head looking guilty.

"I heard what you did and I'm sure she was mad. However she is really good and even if she didn't want to see you, I'm sure she could recommend someone. You should call her."

"Here's the irony, I left my phone in my office, I've been too ashamed to go back and run into her." He flashed a quick smile before fiddling with his hands.

Chloe smiled inwardly. The two brothers shared a similar habit, when they were nervous they both fiddled with something, Lucifer usually his suit and now Amenadiel with his hands.

Chloe raised her brow "Yeah, you should be ashamed but she's likely not there at this time anymore, so why don't I drive you there so you can pick it up and then call her tomorrow?"

"I could fly you know," he suggested.

Chloe shook her head. "Let's just leave the wings where they are -- however you hide them." She gave him a once over.

"Okay," he acquiesced, "you're probably right." He liked her, she was calm and straightforward and he could see how she was a good influence on his brother.

Chloe's thoughts wandered again to the devil. If this had been Lucifer he would have immediately wanted to pop out his wings and show them to her. She realized Amenadiel was perhaps the more modest brother -- at least he didn't run around naked all the time. She flashed back to Lucifer and smirked, not that that was a bad thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After leaving the police station Lucifer had immediately driven over to Linda's. He frantically knocked on her door. She opened it after a moment and looked startled to see him as she stepped out. "Lucifer, are you okay?"