"I'm guessing you're on the search for another romance novel?" She asked when she stepped back. Aurora nodded. Her eyes flicked to the array of books on the cart behind the priestess.

"They are on level seven. Come, I'll show you." Gwyn began towards the stairwell again, and Aurora followed silently. In a mind of jealousy, her eyes studied the priestess as they walked. Her hair was to her shoulder blades, full of life and color. Aurora's had grown dull and lifeless over the centuries. When she had faced her, the dress she wore beneath the opened cloak was fitted, and she had wonderful curves. Possibly grown from the months of training she had done, Aurora was not nearly that well fit. Her body was still bony and sunken. There was so much life to this female. Aurora couldn't help but think she looked like the Suriel compared to Gwyn.

"Here we are! So, the more intense books are on the upper shelves, feel free to use these ladders to reach them. If you're looking for more of romance and clean love, these ones here would have that. I have to get back to work, but let me know what you find! I'll see you later!" Gwyn chirped, grinning before turning and hurrying up the stairs. Aurora watched her until she disappeared behind the ceiling of this level, and then let out a shuddering breath. Gwyn was like the female of the romance novel: Beautiful, lively, happy. Aurora was similar to the background characters, the ones only mentioned in certain scenes that served no purpose, had no extraordinary interest. With a sigh, she climbed the ladder and began searching for her next books.

She didn't know how long it had been, but she had a collection of five books on the floor below her and had climbed up and down the ladder reading excerpts of each books she thought looked interesting. Her arms and legs ached after a while, mixing with the pain from training. Aurora collected the books into her arms and with a groan, began to climb the stairs to the House. On the fourth level, her eyes caught Gwyn's, who waved at her. Aurora lifted the books slightly, sending a small smile back before continuing into the House. When she reached her room, she dropped the heavy books onto the desk and flipped through to find her next read.

Choosing a novel about a female that spends her days searching for love, only to find it in a dark character, Aurora settled onto the edge of her bed and began to read. She couldn't get her mind off of meeting Gwyn for a while, but eventually got enthralled by the storyline and focused solely on that. She was no more than twenty chapters in before a knock sounded, making her jolt out of focus.

"Yes?" She called out, closing the book. Azriel walked in, shadows rising far above him as he ducked into the room. His face was one of cold rage, scarred hands flexed into fists. "Azriel? What did you learn?" His throat bobbed, jaw clenching and unclenching before he responded.

"We were right, Tamlin pointed him to our Court. They're on their way now, on foot, and will probably reach us in two days. Tamlin had lied and said he visited our Court and saw you with Feyre, happily talking about your love for a male here. Aldric was furious and threatened to kill anyone that protects you. He said he will drag you back to the Winter Court by your hair and throw you back into the basement, let the soldiers deal with you." Azriel seemed to choke on his words, shadows reaching out as he spoke.

Aurora felt a shiver of fear run through her. Her wide eyes stayed locked on his fury-laced glare. "They cannot touch me, right?" Her voice shook far more than she'd hoped.

"No, never. We will learn what Mor was told at the Winter Court and go from there. Come, we need to leave." Aurora placed her book on the edge of her bed and followed Azriel out of the room, through the House, and to the training ring. Maybe it was his frustration, or maybe his wish to hold her, but Azriel wanted to fly. He waited for her to approve before taking her into his arms and booming into the sky. Aurora hid her face from the wind in his chest, loose hair whipping around them. She cursed herself for not braiding it before leaving.

Azriel seemed to hold her against him tighter than normal, flying a longer route. When they finally reached the estate, he let her feet touch the ground. Azriel offered his arm to the female, and she looked at him with a blush before lacing her own arm through. Her hand rested on his wrist as they walked through the doors and the corridors, to the large meeting room. The one she had first met the Inner Circle in.

Voices were heard as they neared the room, and Aurora dreaded walking through the door, knowing that Azriel would drop her arm and her body would be alone. She slowed her steps, savoring the touch before Azriel pushed open the door. The voices ceased and all eyes were on them. Aurora tightened her grip on his wrist, his sleeve. Azriel's arm lowered, and Aurora regrettably pulled her arm from his. Azriel began walking to Rhysand, who was sat on the couch beside Feyre. Aurora sucked in a breath, and then looked amongst the faces around her.

Nesta was sat upon Cassian's lap in a large chair near the fire, a smile on her face as she met Aurora's eyes. Her lips twitched up in a quick returning smile before looking around. Feyre had that same calm smile, Rhysand was looking at Azriel with darkness rising from him, Azriel matching his glare. Mor was sat on the opposite couch, a glass of wine in hand. Her eyes had yet to meet Aurora's as she studied Azriel and Rhysand's interaction. Amren was doing the same. When Aurora looked at Elain, the one sister she had not truly spoken to, confusion filled her. The beautiful female was glaring at her, sadness and fury laced in those brown eyes.

"Aurora, come sit," Feyre announced, noting the look from her sister. Slowly, Aurora walked over to the couch opposite of Elain and Mor. She sat on the cushion beside Feyre, sending her a small smile before looking back to Elain. Her glare was still just as hard, but then her eyes flicked to Feyre. She stared at her a moment before her face softened, and a feigned calm look overcame her. Confusion and anxiety rippled through Aurora as she settled into the cushions.

"Azriel has told me that Aldric and his group have left Tamlin's estate. They were told a lie from Tamlin that he visited this Court and saw Aurora with Feyre, seemingly in love with a male of the Night Court. For some reason, this angered Aldric and he is on his way here, ready to kill any male that has made his sister happy and plans to return her to captivity within the Winter Court. Mor, what have you learned on your trip?"

Aurora felt eyes on her, and her stomach twisted as she stared at the floor. She hated that they were so busy working on her life, her issues. There had to be more for a High Lord and Lady to do than focus on an estranged female of the Winter Court with a wrathful brother. He would do no harm to the Inner Circle if they only handed her over to him. Mor began to speak, but Aurora only heard the roaring in her head, the absolute fear and guilt that tore through her.