031. November 6, 1983.

AT SOME point Steve insisted they all walk ahead of him, falling behind as Robin and Val now walked a couple of paces behind Nancy and Eddie was behind the couple and Steve was behind them all, glancing around and making sure no one strays away.

While walking, Val felt like her head was throbbing from pain but was unsure from what as she grimaced and glanced around, hoping Robin doesn't notice. "Ow, ow, what's with the death grip? Are you okay?" The taller turns to her and Val forced a smile, "I'm okay... Sorry, Rob." She loosened her grip and Robin stared at her with a worried look. Then the blonde quickly glanced around and asked Nancy something but Valerie didn't catch a word of it as her head had a ringing through her ear.

She ignored it all as she glanced behind them to see Eddie and Steve had came to a stop, something Eddie was going on and on about how cool Steve had looked ripping a bat's tail with only his teeth. So Val stopped and Steve glanced over to see her pretending her hands were puppets and making them kiss as she made the kissy noises. She giggled at his reaction before turning around and grabbing Robin's hand. "Oh, Stevie boy is growing up. Falling in love hopefully." She says and Robin snorts. "Right." She glanced at Val.

"You think Steve, who's been struggling to find a girl for the past six months will find love?" She asked and Val points over her shoulder with her thumb. "Not a girl he's been looking for." She simply says and both glance behind them to see Eddie had a hand on Steve's shoulder and was saying something along the lines of being sincerely sorry he's only ever thought Steve was a douchebag, nothing else, and that they should maybe "become friends."

Steve just smiled and accepted the offer so Val grins widely but then her smile went away as the ground shook again. "Number two of my greatest fears is earthquakes. Seriously, I'm unsteady enough as it is!" Robin said, on the ground as Valerie held onto a tree nearby. "Nancy!" She shouts when the girl ran off. "Rob, come on," Val grabs her hand gently and the two girls ran up to the Wheeler.

The Smith stood to her right as the Buckley went to her left, seeing the home belonging to Nancy up ahead of them. Eddie and Steve run up to the other side of Val once the shaking was gone and they were all steady. "Come on." She walks ahead. As usual, Robin grabs Val's hand and they walk behind the girl as Eddie and Steve walk directly behind them.

When they reach the home, Nancy reached out and opened the door, Robin and Val behind her. "Might be time to get a maid, Wheeler." Robin spoke up and Val chuckles softly. "Come on. I don't want to stay here longer than we have to." Nancy then turns to the staircase and the couple are quick to follow, as well as Eddie except for Steve which neither of the four realize as they got upstairs and Nancy went straight to her closet, opening it up.

She brings out the box as the girls stood to her right and Eddie stood to her left, watching as she opens the box but there's no guns. Just a pair of heels. "Uh, when did they start making guns in the shape of heels?" Val asked as she looks at Nancy who's confused. "And these heels are a bit pointy, but I was hoping for something along the lines of a deadly projectile." Robin looked up at her.

"I don't understand." Is all the Wheeler girl says as Val furrows her brows together. "Maybe you left them somewhere else." Eddie looked around the bedroom. "There's a six-year-old in the house. I know where I keep my guns." Nancy sounds firm as she spoke, looking at Eddie who just glanced at Val dejectedly who shrugs as if to say don't mind her, she's always that tense. "And, also, I threw these away years ago." Nancy looks back at the heels in the box as Val glanced around the bedroom.

She picks up a bunch of flashcards she then flips through as Valerie glanced back at her. "I get that grades are important to you, but perhaps studying can wait until we get out?" Robin suggested and Nancy looks at them. "These are from sophomore chemistry." She says and Val is quick to catch on, Sophomore year when Steve and Nancy first started dating, also the year Will went missing in the woods. She furrows her brows.

"And... the wallpaper is old too, it didn't look like the one outside of the Upside Down." Val pointed and Nancy looks at the walls. "And this mirror," she walked away as the other three watched her approach her dresser. "This went to a yard sale." She explained then turned around. "And you..." She walks over to the bed where she picks up a stuffed animal. "You're not supposed to be here. No, I gave you to cousin Joanna two years ago." She said as Val looked around. "Your journal." She said and walked with Nancy to the bedside table where she picked up the diary sitting on top of it.

The journal entry goes all the way back to November 6, 1983, the day Will went missing. Val cringed a bit seeing that Nancy had written about Steve. "What is it?" Eddie asked, waiting before Val turns to them. "I think the reason her guns aren't here is because they don't exist yet." She said as an explanation and Eddie gave her a look. "They don't... exist?"

"This diary should be full of entries." Nancy turned to them and held up the book. "It's not. The last entry is November 6, 1983. The day Will went missing. The day the gate opened. We're in the past." She explains and Valerie glanced over at Robin and Eddie. "This shit feels trippy..." She whispers as she glanced around now then they heard Steve yelling for Dustin so they all rush out the room.

authors note you know what'd be a crazy stranger things finale?
if it cut to like a scene of argyle or something in the end and he's like "yeah so that was all like crazy and shit... but i kinda made it up. it's literally all made up on the spot as i'm telling the story" to like some random person and he's at like some fucking park or something
or like someone waking up from a dream at the end, like maybe someone in a coma the entirety of 1983 to the year that they end the show on. it'd be wiiiiiild.

anyways i kinda had this genius idea all of the sudden so i'm hoping it plays out okay-ish in the end i guess. idk but val and rob will both be safe. but like i needed HURT