006. Chrissy, Wake Up.

EDDIE RUSHED to pick up a few pieces of garbage from the floor that he probably missed while sweeping the whole place clean before they came by. "Sorry for the mess. Uh, the maid took the week off." He picks up an empty beer can, turning to the girls with a small smile as Val raised her brows, glancing away. "You, um... you live here alone?" Chrissy asked as Valerie watched Eddie walk to the garbage, glancing down at the glimpse of something. A hankerchief hanging off Eddie's left pocket.

She slightly squints her eyes towards it as Eddie turns. "With my uncle." He answers Chrissy, opening up cupboards. "But, uh, he works nights at the plant. Bringing home the big bucks." He digs around as Chrissy came to stand by Val. "How long does it take?" She asked and Eddie glanced over.

"Sorry?" He says. "The Special K." Val shrugs. "How long to kick in?" The blonde by her asked as Eddie looks away. "Oh, uh, well, it depends if you snort it or not." He leans further down and digs through more drawers. Val looks at Chrissy right away. "Uh, if you do, uh, then, uh, yeah." Eddie looks over, smiling faintly.

"It'll, uh, kick in pretty quick." He looks down, opening up a container in his hands. "Oh, shit." He says and Val grabs Chrissy's arm quickly. "Oh, man, he doesn't have it, Chris. Let's go, we'll come by on Thursdays to the Hideout!" Val was about to drag Chrissy out but Eddie spoke up, "no, no, I got it." He stops, looking around. "Um, somewhere." He adds.

"He has it. Somewhere." Chrissy says and Val sighs as Eddie turns around, telling them to wait right there. "I'll be right back. Stay right here, Chris." Val pats her arm gently, giving her wrist a small squeeze before letting go. Eddie was standing in front of a guitar when she walks in, "you're beautiful." He says to it and Val scrunched up her face.

"Am I interrupting?" She asked and he quickly looks over, kneeling by his bed. "No. No, not at all..." He says and she sighs, standing there in the doorway. "You can't sell the drugs to Chris..." She says and he glanced over. "And why not?" He asked and she shrugs, glancing around at the metalhead's messy room.

"Because... she's just going through something and drugs aren't a healthy way to go about it, you know?" She asked and he furrows his brows together. "Okay, I'm confused, I thought it was for both of you?" He asked her and she sighs. "Not exactly... I'm just here so she won't be so nervous." She explained and he just nods before glancing down, opening the second container he's been digging through.

"But she's the one with the money." He reasons as he digs through, still not finding the drugs. "Okay. But I'm her friend." She says as he closed up the container and tossed it to the side. "And that makes you, what exactly, Smith? Her mommy?" He's teasing and she rolls her eyes. "Eddie, come on, don't be so difficult." She says and he glanced over.

"Let's make a deal, just us two, no Chrissy... If I try to give her the drugs, she hesitates, I won't sell them to her. Easy as that, right?" He asked her and she sighs, crossing her arms. "Oh, finally." Eddie said and raised up a smaller container he got from a container. "Gotcha." He stood up, putting away the container and brushing past Valerie.

"Found it! Peaceful bliss, just moments away." Eddie said, smiling as Val follows behind him but then he stops, so does the girl, peering over his shoulder to see Chrissy just standing there, in the exact spot Val had left her. "Chrissy?" Eddie calls out to her. "Chris?" Val says, grabbing Eddie's upperarm as they inch towards her carefully. "Chrissy." Eddie waves his hand. "Hey, Chris." Val says a bit louder.

"Chrissy." Eddie jumped forward and Val scoffs, brushing past him to Chrissy, grabbing her shoulders gently. "Chris? Hey, Chrissy? Wake up." She softly shakes her arm as Eddie snaps his fingers. "Hey, hello. Chrissy. Hello?" He says and Valerie leans closer, seeing her eyes have gone white over where there use to be bright blue eyes and then the lights flickered so Val flinched, looking up.

"What the fuck..." She murmured softly, fear rattling her as she looked around the trailer. "Chrissy!" She grabs the girl's shoulders again. "Time to wake up. Hello, do you hear me? Wake up, Chrissy." Eddie joined, shaking one of Chrissy's shoulders as they both stood side by side in front of the blonde.

"Chris, wake up!" Valerie raised her voice. "I don't like this, Chrissy! Wake up!" Eddie raised his voice as well. "Chrissy, come on! Wake up!" Valerie cups her face, smacking her cheek gently as she did so but it does nothing. "Chrissy! Wake up right now!" She begged, shaking her shoulders. "Chrissy!"

"Chrissy, come on!" Valerie shouted but then noticed Chrissy floating so she and Eddie both glanced down. "What..." Eddie immediately backed away, pulling Val with her. "If this is some sort of messed up prank, now would be the good time to stop it!" The Munson boy said as the Smith girl quickly shook her head. "No, no, no, no," she repeatedly said.

The body slammed up against the wall as Eddie flinched backwards and shouted, "Jesus Christ!" Knocking over a chair in the process as Valerie just backed up, her back hitting the counter behind her. "No, no, no," she repeatedly said with tears in her eyes, covering her mouth as Chrissy's arm snapped.

Followed by her other arm, then her legs, and her jaw. "Chrissy!" Valerie screamed in shock as blood dripped from the girl's eyes and Eddie was just screaming in fear. Her eyes got sucked into the back of her skull and then the body dropped to the floor in front of Val who just backed away, further, gasping softly.

"What the fuck? What the fuck? What the fuck?" Eddie rushed up to his feet, rummaging around. "Are--are you calling the cops?" Valerie turned around but the boy just picked up his van keys. "Fuck no!" He shouted and ran out the door. "Eddie!" She yelled, running after him, seeing him get into his car so she rushed into the passenger seat, her heart thumping hard in her chest as Eddie drove off.

"What the fuck? What the fuck?" Valerie exclaimed, putting her hands over her face. "What are you doing?! What is the move here?! We have to call the cops!" Val exclaimed at the driver who's speeding down the road like a maniac as she pays no mind to it.

"No! No! No, you try explaining that shit to them!" He exclaimed and he had a point, Val staring at him before glancing away. The way Chrissy died... it seemed unnatural. Could it be that? Something from the Upside Down? More tears fill her eyes as she covers her face again. "This is crazy, this is crazy, this is fucking crazy, Eddie." She kept muttering, slowly getting louder with each word she was uttering.

"Don't yell at me!" Eddie exclaimed. "I have to! Because that was fucking stupid!" She raised her voice at him. "You are such a fucking mom!" He yelled back and she hits the dashboard. "What the fuck?!" She screamed loudly and Eddie just pulls over to the side of the road. "You... left your car back there." He whispers and she turns to him. "Because you ran! And I had no choice but to go with you, I couldn't just stay in your Goddamn trailer that now had a dead fucking body in it!" She shouted.

"Stop yelling at me!" Tears filled Eddie's eyes and Val sighed before she leaned over, wrapping her arms around him. It's clearly unexpected as Eddie embraced her back, softly panting. "I--I don't know what happened back there, but please, don't ditch me on the side of this road." She practically begs him, clutching her hands in fists on his upper back.

"That wasn't why I stopped. I just didn't wanna drive while crying." He muttered quietly and she just chuckles softly at that, pulling away from their hug. She stayed facing him, her lips pursed together. "Where do we go?"

"I have a friend's place in mind..."

authors note man. that's crazy.
anyways i can't wait for when val finally gets to be back with her girl 🫶

+ sorry for late-ish update, i kinda need to set a reminder it's 9 am to update