This was so far from everything she was used to. She didn't know of sex that felt good, only the kind that ached and made her bleed. She wondered if the warming sensation in her lower stomach meant that she wanted touch like Azriel was doing above her room. If it was something that indicated her need. Aurora imagined the acts in the books, wondering if somehow, she could find someone who'd do those things to her like how this male feasted upon the female, how his fingers brought her to ecstasy.

A knock sounded at the door, making Aurora yelp. She slammed her book shut and hid it beneath the blanket, along with her legs. "Come in," she breathed out. The door creaked open, and Azriel was stood in the frame, now dressed in sleeping clothes. She felt her cheeks flush at the memory of him nude.

"It's late." That's all he said as he stared at her, body stiff and throat working on a swallow. Aurora nodded, glancing at the window.

"I know," she responded, proud of how steady her voice sounded. Azriel cleared his throat, taking a step into the room.

"Were you reading the books that Nesta got you?" He asked, crossing his arms. Aurora tried to ignore the muscles that flexed upon the material of his shirt. She nodded again, and the smell of something sweet, yet bitter hit her. The smell of smokey citrus. Her brows furrowed, but she ignored it. "What's your book about, Aurora?"

His question caught her off guard, as did the use of her name. Aurora's hand slid against the heavy pages of the book, tucking it closer to her legs beneath the blanket.

"Just, um, some stuff," she muttered, mentally cursing herself for how stupid she sounded. Azriel's lips quirked.

"I know the books that Nesta reads. Did she give you a book that she has read before? Of a male and female, perhaps?" Aurora's chest tightened. Azriel stepped closer, and her body stiffened. He looked like a prowling creature, waiting to pounce and feast. Something in his eyes, something about the intoxicating smell of smoked citrus, it all made her brain foggy. And then she remembered what she had stumbled upon not long before, and the ache grew heavier.

"It is," Aurora whispered. Azriel was beside her bed now, a grin teasing his lips. Aurora held her breath, staring up at him. He inhaled deeply, and then he held a hand out. Aurora glanced at the scarred hand, and then back to him.

"Can I see what book you're reading?" Panic rose, as well did a furious blush. Her hand moved to grasp the book beneath the covers, trembling slightly. She pulled it from the blanket and swallowed harshly. Aurora reluctantly placed it in his hand, and Azriel flipped open to where the mark was. Aurora watched his face, the way the grin grew, his tongue wetting his bottom lip. Suddenly, his eyes flashed to the window, shadows gathering. Aurora furrowed her brows, looking at the window. There was nothing she could find, just the reflection of them and the candles.

"Get to bed soon. We have training tomorrow, we are going to combatives," he muttered, tossing the book onto the bed and leaving the room. Aurora let out the breath she was holding, staring at the door that was now shut. Her mind finally began to file through her thoughts. Had he gotten uncomfortable? Did he want to touch her as badly as she wanted him to? Should she follow him? Aurora fell back against her pillows, chest rising and falling with heavy breaths.

Ignoring the ache that was still burning within her, Aurora tugged the blankets to her shoulders. Her foot kicked the book to the other end of the bed as she flipped onto her side, curling her legs up to her stomach. The night was a fitful rest. Her eyes burned when the sun began to rise and she blinked at the window.

In a single motion, the blanket was kicked from her body and Aurora peeled herself from the bed. She tugged off her nightgown and pulled on the leathers she was gifted. She left her hair in the braid from the day before, only wrapping it up to a knot at the base of her head. When her boots were on, Aurora trudged out to the dining room, mentally screaming when she saw Azriel eating breakfast at the table. He looked as though he got just as little of sleep as she did.

"Good morning," she muttered, sitting across from him and humming at the coffee and toast that appeared. Azriel glanced up at her through his lashes, swallowing his food.

"Morning," he acknowledged. Aurora looked down at the table and sipped her coffee, bringing her legs up onto the chair. She ate and sipped it in silence, glancing up at Azriel ever so often. He did the same, and when their eyes met, Aurora couldn't help the blush that coated her cheeks. She looked back down at her coffee in her hands. Azriel grinned, and she met his eyes again.

"Are you ready for real combat today?" He asked, standing from his seat. Aurora sat her coffee down and stood with him.

"We are going to fight?"

He nodded, motioning to the stairs. Aurora followed him and they got to the training ring.

"We are going to test your ability to block and dodge. I'll swing at you and you either block my punch or dodge it," he explained. Aurora nodded, beginning her stretches. Azriel did his own, glancing up at her whenever she turned away from him. When they were finished, Azriel instructed her to get into position. She planted her feet and bent her knees, lifting her fists.

"Okay, I won't go fast at first, let's see how you do." Azriel swung towards her face. Aurora lifted her hand and grabbed his fist, twisting it sideways as he taught her. He nodded in approval and they went again. Each time, Azriel punched faster and Aurora either dodged the blow or caught his fist. When her breathing grew heavy, and she caught his fist again, Azriel maneuvered before she could twist his arm, slipping from her grasp and grabbing her arm, spinning her around and tugging her back to his chest. Aurora gasped, tensing at the feeling of his body against hers.

"Now that you can dodge and block, can you avoid getting caught?" He asked, breath tickling her ear. She didn't answer, and he let go of her. Aurora swallowed, savoring the feeling of him against her before bringing her arm up and throwing her elbow back into his stomach. Azriel grunted, and she spun and gripped his arm, pulling it behind his back until he lost his balance and she kicked the back of his legs. Azriel hit the ground, Aurora still holding his wrist. "Got it," he groaned, pulling his arm from her grasp and pushing himself off the ground.

"I can do it sometimes," Aurora breathed out, pushing her hair back from her face. It had begun falling from her braided bun. Azriel wiped the red dirt from his front and grinned at her.

"Again."