"You mean like murdered?"

"Nobody knows yet. Just that it was girl..probably in her twenties."

"Hold on. If they found the body, then what are they looking for?"

"That's the best part." I roll my eyes. I can practically see him smirking even though I'm still on the roof. "They only found half. We're goin'. Cam. C'mon." He makes his way to the jeep, Scott following him.

"Cam? He's here?" As he starts going down the steps, I jump down and land in front of him, making him jump. "Ah!"

"Yep. Involuntarily."

"C'mon! Let's go! We don't have all night, ya know!" Stiles yells from the jeep.

"We're coming!" I yell back and look at Scott. "Let's go before he gets his boxers in a twist." Scott smiles and we both make our way to the jeep.

*****

We finally make it to the reserve where the road is blocked off by a sign that says 'NO ENTRY AFTER DARK'. I get out on Scott's side, which he thankfully keeps the door open. Stiles usually closes the door in my face just cause he knows I won't do anything.

"We seriously doing this?" Scott asks as we approach the sign. Stiles looks at him after he turns on a flashlight he found in the jeep.

"You're the one who's always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town." He playfully hits Scott's arm and walks around the sign. Scott looks at him and then at me. I shrug and follow Stiles, Scott following close behind.

"I was trying to get a good night sleep before practice tomorrow."

"Right. Because sitting on the bench is such a growing effort." Scott sighs.

"No, because I'm playing this year. In fact, I'm making first line."

"Hey! That's the spirit. Everyone should have a dream. Even a pathetically unrealistic one." I scoff quietly. I fell behind as Scott quickened his pace to catch up with Stiles.

"Just out of curiosity, which half of the body are we looking for?" Stiles freezes for a second and continues walking.

"Huh! I didn't even think about that." Scott laughs a little.

"And, uh, what if whoever killed the body is still out here?"

"Also something I didn't think about."

I quickly look up at him. "You mean to tell me, we're out in the middle of the woods at night with a killer on the loose? And nobody knows we're out here."

"....Yes." I roll my eyes as we start to climb a hill.

"It's...comforting to know you've planned this out with your usual attention to detail." Scott says, getting out of breath due to his asthma. He stops and leans against a tree, getting his inhaler out. "Maybe the severe asthmatic should be the one holding the flashlight, huh?" I put a hand on his shoulder, silently asking if he was okay. He nods a little while he uses his inhaler.

"I know." My brother responds to the first part of what Scott said. Scott and I both catch up with Stiles and we quickly duck to the ground as we see a group of cops with canines ahead of us.

"Dude. Turn off the flashlight." I whisper and Stiles turns it off.

"Wait, come on!" He whispers loudly and gets up, running closer.

"Stiles!" Scott and I yell after him and we both get up to go after him.

"Wait up!" I hear Scott yell from behind me as I catch up to my idiotic brother. "Stiles! Stiles! Cam!" We both slow almost to a stop, looking behind us for Scott. Neither of us noticed how close we got to the cops until a canine started barking aggressively at us.