Why am I so Obsessive, Hangin' on to Every Sentence

Kya opened her eyes and the first thing she looked for was the panda lilies she had sitting next to her bed.

She sat up and stretched her arms out. She got up and sat in the chair in front of her vanity.

She took her hair tie out and sat it in front of her, picking up her hairbrush and brushing out her brown locks.

"Hey," Tenzin's voice entered her room after a knock.

"I'm going to take Lin out to breakfast. Do you know if Dad has any medications that need to be picked up?" He asked.

"Yeah, I think there's a couple. But double-check with Mom to make sure." Kya said, continuing to brush her hair.

Tenzin nodded his head and started shutting the door.

"Hey, Tenzin?" She called out. She stopped brushing her hair.

"Hm?" He poked his head in.

"How's Lin doing?" She asked after a couple of seconds.

Tenzin stepped back into Kya's room. "She's doing better. She um, she hasn't been wearing a bandage." He said.

Kya paused and sat the brush down. "Is that a problem?" She asked.

"No! No, not at all." Tenzin sat on Kya's bed.

"She just... she looks different-"

"Yeah, well, she probably feels different too. So don't make her feel any worse." Kya retorted.

Tenzin sighed. "I didn't mean it in a bad way... She's still beautiful, of course. The scars are just-"

"Just what, Tenzin?" Kya said harshly, folding her arms.

"Why are you getting so defensive?" Tenzin said.

"Because she's not just scarred physically, Tenzin. And thinking stuff like that while you're with her will show. She'll notice you don't look at her the same if she hasn't noticed already." Kya said.

Tenzin looked down at his feet. He nodded his head slightly and stood up.

"Thanks." He mumbled before walking out.

Kya sighed, then started taking deep breaths, trying to calm herself down.

She got so worked up on Lin's behalf. Tenzin shouldn't think that way of someone who's so...

Kya looked at the panda lilies.

She sighed and sat back in her chair.

Tenzin reached across the seat and opened the door, pushing it open for Lin. "Good morning." He said.

"Morning." Lin said as she got in the car.

"Ready for breakfast?" He asked.

Lin nodded her head with a weak smile.

She kept her face turned towards the window.

She's only been out a few times since she stopped wearing bandages.

It was hard to ignore the stares, but she pretended like it didn't bother her.

Tenzin parked the car. He turned it off and they both walked into the diner.

After getting a table and ordering drinks, they sat in awkward silence.

The waitress brought their drinks and they ordered their food.

"I didn't realize you liked bacon." Tenzin said.

"Yeah, well, usually when we have breakfast together it's at your house, or you're making it. So, no bacon." Lin said.