05 - prisoner in heaven

"Alicia," A voice spoke behind the ginger girl

"Alicia," A voice spoke behind the ginger girl. The hair that reached the small of her back, swayed with her movement as she looked back. She came face to face with the Governor.

"Oh, good evening, Governor," She spoke with a genuine smile. "What can I do for you?"

"Your father and I brought in two survivors yesterday," The Governor explained, his gaze not once leaving her green eyes. "two women, one was terribly sick."

"Oh dear," Alicia gasped, "Is there anything I can do?"

The Governor smiled kindly at her, knowing that this would have been her response. He interlocked his hands on his back as he, with long, confident strides, walked around the 19-year-old girl. He looked her over once more. She was a very pretty girl, with long ginger hair, a strong face and piercing green eyes. And she was tall too, taller than most men in the camp. Not a mark was visible on her clothes. Alicia always made sure her clothes were freshly washed and ironed before she wore them. She was the most put-together 19-year-old probably still alive at this point.

"I want you to go over there, and welcome them to town." He spoke coming to a stand-still in front of her.

"When do you want me there?" Alicia asked with bright eyes, happy that she could do some good for the Governor. The man her father looked up to.

"You can go now," The Governor said as he made way for her in the hallway. "talk to them once the sick one wakes up."

With a short nod, Alicia left the presence of the man.

Not shortly after, Alicia found herself standing in front of the hospital door where the two women were resting up. In her left hand, she held a folder with all the information she shouldn't forget to tell the women about where they now resided. She had always found it quite strange how she had to specify what a safe environment Woodbury was. But if the Governor wanted her to mention it five times, she would do it six times.

A nurse walked past her and opened the door.

"Why are we being held here?" An angry voice spoke inside the room. "We want to leave!"

Alicia took a deep breath. The woman who spoke didn't seem to be very happy and Alicia wasn't very used to talking to people who were angry. The ginger rubbed her hands on her pant, trying to get rid of the clammy feeling they held.

"You're not well enough!" The nurse replied back, "And it's dark. You should stay the night."

"Where are we?" the blond woman asked.