02 - sick

A group of six inmates sat around a little table in the cafeteria, playing a game of cards

A group of six inmates sat around a little table in the cafeteria, playing a game of cards. All were doing their own thing trying their best to stay as silent as they could.

The doors to the main room suddenly flew open. Six people rushed into the room, one of them seriously injured.

"Shut the door!" One of them yelled.

"Hold him down!" He yelled again. The prisoners, who all had jumped up, looked out of the little window that separated the kitchen from the dining hall. The person who was yelling the most had an axe in his hands.

"Only one way to keep him alive." The man raised his hand and brought the axe down, hacking away into the older man's leg.

Another man noticed the inmates standing there, he raised his crossbow towards them and walked closer.

"Holy shit," a prisoner with a massive moustache cursed.

"Who the hell are you?!" The man with the crossbow yelled.

"Who the hell are you?!" The prisoners yelled back.

The man who had just chomped off the guy's leg started talking to his people again. "He's bleeding out, we gotta go back!" He motioned to the woman. "Come around here. Put some pressure on the knee! Hard! Push, push!"

"Come on out of there," The man with the crossbow told them. "Slow and steady."

All six came out, all still entranced by the half-dead man laying on the floor, walking slowly out of the kitchen.

"What happened to him?" A prisoner asked.

"He got bit."

"Bit?"

Not happy with the answers he was given, the inmate takes out his gun and threatens the survivors.

"Whoa, whoa," The man with the crossbow said, "Nobody needs to get hurt!"

"You got medical supplies?" A survivor asked the inmates. As he walked by he bumped into a blond guy who looked much younger than the others.

"Who the hell are you people anyway?" The prisoner with the gun asked.

"Don't look like no rescue team," The man with the moustache said, hands crossed over his chest.

The man who had entered the kitchen came back out with a table on wheels. The other survivors picked up the man with a missing leg and heaved him on top of it. Blood squirted out of the wound.