12. Neil Cahturvedi.

“I was thinking , umm Bhai loved playing with the kids at the NGO and i want them at  the wedding so can we - can i - umm i mean can they come to the wedding? I would feel like Bhai is with me if they are their” Meera said and nervously fidgeted w...

“I was thinking , umm Bhai loved playing with the kids at the NGO and i want them at  the wedding so can we - can i - umm i mean can they come to the wedding? I would feel like Bhai is with me if they are their” Meera said and nervously fidgeted with her fingers. 

They both had decided to have lunch together.

Avani smiled “we can do it but– there are nearly 500 kids so how are we going to get them to jaipur?” she asked. 

“Did you forget If you want Kabir bhai would get the whole NGO shifted to another country” Meera snickered, Avani felt blood rushing to her cheeks. 

“Please , it's not like that” Avani said bashfully

“Really? Because last i checked you are the only person who puts  a leash on his rage or on him generally” Meera deadpanned. 

“Why don't you ask him?” Avani asked. 

“Because he wouldn't even talk at all, you know him he wouldn't care Abeer says if bhai attends the wedding that would be more than enough . because he doubts he'd even attend it”Meera said with a sigh. 

“Huh what do you mean?”  Avani asked

She and Kabir hadn't had any contact after the divorce their were only a few calls about Kittu’s health; she had no idea what was going on with him. 

“It's different now Avani he is different now , after your divorce he is back at what he used to be before as Abeer says he is withdrawn , and doesn't really talk to anyone, is cold almost all the time and is always angry. Nobody knows when to talk to him or how to  talk to him” Meera said. 

Avani frowned, confused. 

“That's why i want your help , can you please talk to him about attending all the pre wedding rituals and be their for Abeer talking to him is nearly impossible for all of us he just isn't free or is just not their like he would be physically there but mentally he is withdrawn everyone is walking on eggshells around him and i don't know kabir enough to know why is he this way , but Abeer and Anaya says you are the only person who could get him to do something. You are our only hope.” Meera says 

Avani was confused , not understanding anything she didn't  know what was wrong with kabir ,

“Okay ,  I would talk to him,” she said hesitantly. 

“Thanks,” Meera said with a beaming smile. 

“Alright i gotta go now see you” Avani said and hugged Meera And they bid each other bye. 

.

.

.

“Hey Anup uhh can you let me know when Kabir is free?” Avani said ,

“Let me check” came from the other end of the phone. 

“Uh he has a slot free between 4:30 to 5 tomorrow evening, why were you asking?” he asked.