Chapter 24: For Continuity

Start from the beginning

The doctor laughed maniacally that Lisa and Jisoo was taken aback, confused why all of the sudden this stupid doctor is laughing.

But before Jisoo could ask, the door opens like it's hers.

"Ahh.. My Queen Dowager, it is very nice to see you here,"

They already know what's happening. This doctor is on her side. Lisa's hand form into fist, staring at their faces, screaming victory.

"What's going on here? I've been informed by the staff that there has been a commotion," Ji Eun asked as soon as she entered with her lady in waiting.

"I am trying to tell to Her Majesty that her diagnosis is incorrect, and the result says that she isn't pregnant," The doctor explained.

"She isn't?" Ji Eun asked, confused and turn the Lisa as if wondering why.

Is she wrong? Lisa asked herself, she thought they are teaming up. Why does she felt the Dowager is disappointed about her false pregnancy.

"Ohh.. is she?"

Ji Eun smirked, faded Lisa's thoughts. Right.. why would she be disappointed, she's in love with her husband. She might be surprised and in delight to know she can't sire an heir.

"Then what seems to the problem?" Ji Eun asked the doctor, which made Lisa scoffed while wiping her tears.

"It seems, Her Majesty is having a hard time coping up with her previous pregnancy which result to faking one, a phantom pregnancy," "But the result says she isn't, and found out that the Queen is infertile," The doctor explained, while Ji Eun seriously gazes at the doctor, as if she is absorbing all the information in her head.

Before laughing out loud, "Oh my god, are you?" She said to lisa, "I can't believe you almost made the whole Palace in celebration but it seems there's more concerning than your frugality,"

"Exactly my point, Your Royal Highness," The doctor agreed.

"There's nothing we can do if that womb of yours is rotting and couldn't be filled by any man," Ji Eun said, "Poor His Majesty and this whole nation.. their Queen is infertile,"

"Looks like there will be another, if this happens,"

Lisa's heart leaped her throat. What does she mean by another? Another wife? Another Queen?! Ji Eun smirked at her.

"Do you really think this fuck up system would allow not one heir to the throne?" Ji Eun scoffed, "If an incapacitated Queen can't produce an heir then you are nothing to the King.. you can be just like those prostitute,"

"Just temporary.. you're nothing," Ji Eun said, "And I guess your ex husband doesn't really have the problem since his mistress gave birth to his child, remember?"

"

The doctor's assistant brought few medicine in her table and prescription, "Drink this three times a day, we need to monitor and cure your syndrome, Your Majesty," "Maybe in the future, you can give birth to a Prince or Princess,"

I pity.. His Majesty," "Make sure she drinks her meds and monitor her activities every hour, Ahn Ri," Ji Eun turn around and walked out of the door, leaving a victorious smile as she goes.

"Yes Your Highness," Ahn Ri said before looking at Jisoo who's eyes are glaring back at her, she gave her an inward smile before asking the doctor to come along.

The doctor and the assistant, slightly lower their heads, without giving care of her title. Directly insulting her as if she will never stand a chance in this place.