CHAPTER 1

"Lythe, lets get divorce."

Bumuntong hininga ako, another year another question of divorce from my husband. Sanay na ako.

Its always been like this. Every year my husband, Grand Duke Alasteir of the Tanzanite Kingdom always ask me the same question everytime we see each other.

We meet once a month, despite us being a married couple we only meet 12 times a year. Much to his dismay, meeting atleast once a month is part of the agreement.

If it wasnt on paper I dont think he'll even take one second of his time to look at me.

"No. I-I love you Alasteir.. if you could just give me a chance to prove--"

"Lorr, whats the agenda today? I'm done eating." He said to the butler as he put his napkin down and stood up from his seat cutting me off.

I felt my heart being stab repeatedly by his response.

Lorr looked at me with pity, I just looked down as i gripped my dress tightly trying my best not to cry.

"Lorr.. dont make me ask again." Alasteir's cold voice sent shivers down my spine, that tone was enough to make Lorr tremble in fear.

"M-my apologies your grace... t-today you have a meeting with the emperor in regards to the 10th treaty celebrations of the seven kingdoms." Lorr bowed his upper body in a 90° angle showing respect to Alasteir.

"Alasteir... can't you finish your food? You have along day ahead, I dont want you going hungry..." That's all bullshit. I just want to spend more time with him.

Even if its just a few more seconds, I'll take what ever I can just to see his face, hear his voice and be in the same room as him.

But instead of a loving gaze that a husband should have towards his wife, he looked at me with pure disgust. I've never felt so humiliated and belittled, I can feel my self confidence and self esteem slowly fading away.

"Itatak mo to sa utak mo Lyth Brionne, I will NEVER love you. You are nothing but a blood sucking insect in my eyes. The ugliest of all the ladys in the kingdom. Just by calling you my wife is a disgrace towards the dukedome."

And with that said he left, leaving me with yet again tears flowing on my face. Lorr followed him and I was left alone in the dining room.

I cried and cried until I was so numb of that tight squeezing feeling of my chest. Minutes later the door of the dining room opened. I didnt bother to looks who its was I just burried my face on my palm as tears continued to flow from my eyes.

"Tsk. Get up. We need to clean this room." Quin one of the maid stated with an annoyed tone.

I Just did what she said and stood up. I could see their smirking face and hear their side remarks about me but I just ignored it.

"Ugly bitch. Just give up. The Duke wont love you." One of the maid with Quin said.

"Its been like this every month, just sign the fucking divorce paper." Quin added.

"Look at yourself. Pitiful and disgusting. "

I Just ignored them and hurriedly walked to my room.

I Shut the door and again broke down. I screamed and cried until I lost my voice and could no longer cry anymore.

I Hate this feeling, the feeling of my chest being stab by a sword everytime my husband rejects me, yet its so comforting.

I'm in pain that means I still love him...

Every month my husband only talked to me about divorce and I always say no, hoping that one day he'll see how much I love him and he'll love me back.

A gush of wind entered the room. Bigla naman bumukas ang naglalakihang pinto ng balkonahe dulot ng malakas na hangin.

Blood.

"Blood? You there?"

"Yes, Duchess..." saad nito, Blood Moonlight. My only friend.

She's the only female knight that was appointed as a knight at the age of 15. Hindi man isang noble blood ang kanyang pamilya ngunit ang taglay nitong galing sa paghawak ng espada ang siyang nag tatak ng pangalan niya sa buong kaharian.

She was awarded as the best and most dangerous female assasin and knight by the emperor himself.

Her name suite her well due to her demonic skills in handling swords.

"Did he asked for a divorce again?" She asked as she walked towards me.

I just looked away and nodded in response.

"I'm sorry..." Blood said as she hugged me. Once again tears started flowing down my face.

"I saw him leaving the mansion..." she stated, I was confused.

"Yes, he have a meeting with the emperor regarding the anual treaty celebration." I just said, but by the look in Blood's eyes, it looks like she wanted to say something else.

"What is it Blood?" I pushed her a liitle to look at her in the eyes...

Then... sadness covered her beautiful red eyes.

"The direction of the carriage is not towards the east... But the south."

I felt my knees being jello, like I was about to past out at any minute.

"S-South??" I ask with stammering voice.

"Yes."

That simple answer broke everything in me. Damn this tears just wont fucking stop!

I wipped my tears again and again "it wont stop... my tears just wont stop!!" I screamed in pain.

Blood hugged me tightly. "Shhhhh... everything will be fine, Duchess..."

"Blood... The south... its where lady Sierra lives."

-- END OF CHAPTER --