Chapter 2

"Hey baby sis," James smiled as Karsyn walked down the stairs.

"Hey," she said trying to act normal.

"Where were you this morning?" James asked, "I came to your room and you weren't there."

"Oh I went out on a walk this morning," Karsyn said.

"Really?" James laughed.

"Yeah why?" Karsyn asked.

"I'm surprised you were alive for that. Last I saw you last night you were beyond wasted," James laughed again, "And poor Kendall was just about the same."

Karsyn laughed as Kendall walked down the stairs.

"There he is," James said, "We were just talking about you."

"You were?" Kendall asked tensing up.

"Yeah just about how waisted you both were last night," James said, "Kenny boy here still wasn't too wasted to get some though."

Kendall laughed nervously, "You know me."

"You sure you're alright man?" James asked.

"Yeah, yeah," Kendall said.

James turned back toward the food he was making on the stove. Karsyn looked at Kendall telling him he needed to relax.

"Carlos called this morning," James said.

"What did he say?" Karsyn asked.

"He and Alexa are going to the beach," James said, "Figured we all could go and have some fun. Logan will be there too."

"Yeah that'll be nice since they couldn't make in last night," Kendall said.

"Just no more drinking for me," Karsyn said placing her head down on the table.

"Me either," Kendall agreed.

"Oh come on your guys are such party pooper," James said, "Were only gonna be in our 20's for so long! Pretty soon were all going to be settled down and having kids, live a little."

Karyn tensed up at the mention of kids, tears started to form in her eyes again. Kendall must have noticed because she felt his hand rest on her knee and squeeze it. She looked over at him and gave her a reassuring look.

- -

James had parked at the beach and Karsyn stepped out of the back of the jeep. The warm sun hitting her skin made her feel ten time better than this morning. She was determine to have a good day, she just needed to put the thought of her maybe being pregnant out of her mind. That was future Karsyn's problem, not hers.

"Hey!" Alexa yelled pulling her into a hug, "I've missed you!"

"You guys just saw each other two days ago," Carlos joked

"That's too long when you're best friends," Alexa joked.

"I beg to differ," Logan chimed in.

"Hey!" Carlos said pushing Logan.

"Why don't you two go help James and Kendall get stuff out of the car," Alexa said.

"Yes ma'am," Carlos said saluting his wife making Karsyn giggle.

"He really is such a dork," Karsyn said watching Logan and Carlos push each other on their way up to the car.

"Yeah," Alexa agreed, "But he's my dork."

Karsyn smiled at her friend. Her and Alexa had actually been friends before Carlos and Alexa started dating. But they didn't become best friends until after. Carlos and Alexa had now been married for 4 months and life was going really great for them.