17

Y/n pov :

" Come here sweetheart. " said grandpa while pointing his hand at me and now all the eyes were on me.

I was beyond surprised, my body was unable to move because of this sudden situation.

" Don't be nervous, sweetheart. " He again said bringing me back to earth.

" Mr. Jeon Jungkook can you please pat her back a little for me, she must be beyond shocked right now. " Grandpa said while smiling warmly at me.

" Dumpling, is-is Mr. Park talking about you? " asked Kook oppa while stuttering.

" Yeah! It's her, Park Y/n is the one who will lead Park Co. today onwards. " Grandma said it out loud.

" Par-Park Y/n? " said Tae oppa.

I pulled myself together and stood up,
I don't want grandpa to wait any further. He has already called me out several times, I don't want to prove grandpa wrong by making any kind of unwanted mistakes.

I walked down the stairs confidently and all the camera lights were now falshing at me. The distance between the stage and the seats was not that big but every step was so difficult to take.

I was overwhelmed by different types of emotions right now, finally I reached
the stage and stood beside grandpa.

" Introduce yourself, honey. " said grandpa and kept his hand by my waist and rubbed my back slowly to make me feel less nervous and it really did help.

I released a shaky breath and bowed towards everyone before saying
" Annyeong hasimnikka ( formal way of greeting in korean) I am Park Y/n, I hope we will have a great work experience together. " I bowed again.

" Park Y/n is the next CEO, do look forward to working with her, you will be pretty surprised by her skills. You might not believe me but I told her to join
the company as soon as she graduated but she refused saying that she lacks experience. But as I mentioned she is a very good daughter, she suggested to do internship instead. " Grandpa said and the hall was now filled with whispering sounds.

" Oh and when I told her that she should come with me at work these were her exact words ' Grandpa if I want to learn then I have to go there as an unknown intern otherwise they will treat me differently and I don't want that, I won't be able to learn anything in that case. '
To say that I am proud of her is not enough and I know that she will lead our company very well, so please trust her and support her. " Grandpa said while smiling proudly and bowed at the end.

My eyes were teary due to all the kind words grandpa showered me with but I managed to follow Grandpa's action and bowed at everyone before exiting
the hall with Grandpa.

As soon as we stepped out I sobbed and hugged grandpa.

" Grandpa!!! How-how can you trust me with such big responsibility?? Please don't trust me so much, I am not qualified to lead the company. I-i---" before I could say further Grandpa interrupted me.

" Aani, you can do it! You are the only one who can do it, sweetheart. I trust you and you should also trust yourself. " He said while patting my head softly while
I was still sobbing.

" Now stop crying or employees will think that their new CEO is a crybaby,
do you want that? Hm? " He asked.

" No, I don't want that but-- " I tried to say but was again cut off.

" No but honey, you are a CEO now so their is no space for buts, this the first rule you need to know. "
He said and broke the hug.

" I trust you and you can do it for sure! " He again repeated his words and ruffled my hair while I sighed.