Chapter 58⚠️💋

Start from the beginning

The only problem here was that Pearl didn't know how she felt towards Venus. Her heart would become restless around her, and her stomach would spin like a washing machine. She was starting to think that she was developing feelings for Venus, but that sounded so wrong of her. Why would she fall for the person that has been keeping her captive here?

At the same time, Pearl knew deep inside that Venus was the only one who could understand her desires that have been concealed away, and that are now flourishing out, revealing a new side of her that she never knew she had. Could Venus truly be the one?

Pearl shook her head, trying to get these thoughts out of her mind. She didn't know why she was feeling like this. A part of her was telling her to stay with Venus and to follow her own heart, but another part of her was advising her to run away, to escape as soon as she could.

What was right, and what was wrong? Pearl had no clue anymore. She has fallen in love with the devil, and she couldn't deny it.

Letting out a deep sigh, Pearl took a coat rack from the closet and hung the strapless dress on the door knob to let it dry since it was drenched after being hand washed in the bathroom.

This morning, Venus decided to lent her fresh new clothing since the strapless dress was worn out by how much it has been washed and used again and again.

Pearl was now wearing clean clothing after taking a bath. A white strapless crop-top and black loose shorts. It felt good to finally be able to wear something different after a whole month. The only thing that bothered her was that she was still wearing no underwears underneath the clothing. It made her feel exposed even though she wasn't naked, but somehow, she was getting used to it at the same time.

She sat on the bed with a flop, lowering her head down as droplets of water dripped down from her drenched hair to her lap. Her gaze landed on the handcuffs around her wrists that were bonding her to these four corners of the bedroom. The chains hanging from the ceiling made her heart clench. She had really turned into a pet, locked inside a cage, without being able to see the sunlight. For how much longer would she be able to bear this? Was this the way she was supposed to live?

"No...I don't like this..." Pearl mumbled while shutting her eyes. "I don't like being locked like this. I want to be free. I want to go out." Her voice was shaking along with her hands that turned into fists, clutching onto the bedsheets. "But why am I falling for her? This isn't right. Wake up, Pearl! You can't live like this forever!" She bit her lip hard, covering half of her face with a palm. She needed to do something. Things couldn't remain like this, or else she would really lose her sanity.

*CRASH*

*SLAP*

The reverberating sound of a slap and glass shattering to the ground interrupted her thoughts abruptly. With widened eyes, Pearl quickly got off the bed and stood beside the door of the room, listening to the roaring that came from downstairs.

Oh no, not again...

"THE MAIN FAMILY WANTS TO CUT OFF MY HEAD AND YOU ARE HERE HAVING FUN COOKING LIKE A HOUSEWIFE?! GET YOUR SHITS TOGETHER, VENUS!" The leader of the minor family exploded, sending another blow towards Venus' face.

Venus' body receded violently, crashing against the table. Her eyes reddened as she touched her swollen cheek lightly with the tip of her fingers. She didn't know what hurt her the most, her father slapping her harshly, or her father throwing the plate of spicy curry to the ground.

The whole floor was scattered with rice and tiny pieces of glass. Those pieces felt like they were stabbing her through the chest. The agony was unsettling.