ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟛𝟙

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕠𝕤𝕡𝕚𝕥𝕒𝕝

Bucky's POV:

Ellie hadn't woken up since she passed out in the car. Me and the archer had gotten her into the extra car, with him racing us to the nearest hospital and me holding her hand in the back. I tried to keep her with us but her injuries pulled my Doll into a coma, but not after she whispered she loved me. I had been saying it to her in the car but I doubt she heard anything I said. The whole time there was a glaze over her eyes showing me the daze she was in, I just hoped it wasn't from the pain. Clearly several bones were broken from the impact, and so much of her body was covered in scratches and blood.

Hydra was going to pay for causing this. My blood was boiling with rage, but I stayed as calm as I could for the Angel I was slowly loosing.

When we got to the hospital they rushed to help, and I stayed as close as I could to her without interrupting the nurses and doctors helping her. They had to revive her at some point, sending me into a huge panic, but they got her back quickly and kept her in a medically induced coma to avoid losing her again.

I stayed by her side the whole time, only leaving to quickly shower or use the bathroom. The machines attached to her all beeped regularly and said the same thing every day, she was steady. But she wouldn't be coming out of her coma for a while. The Archer, who's name I learnt was Clint Barton, left once they stabilised Ellie and no one has been here since.

Based on the lack of news and the lack of commotion in the city, I presume they managed to defend the majority of the compound from Hydra, but I don't know. As long as they stay away from Ellie I don't care anymore. I was hyper-focused on willing her to get better and come back to me.

After two weeks of being by her side waiting, my Doll started showing signs of waking up. And I was so fucking grateful for it. Two days later, while my head was resting on her bed next to her right leg as I had a nap, she woke up. I felt her fingers in my hair, waking me gently and causing me to sigh in relief. Until it clicked. She was awake.

My head shot up, and when my eyes locked with those gorgeous hazel eyes I love I felt relief wash over me. Leaping to kiss her, I'm mindful of her state and try not to crush her. Her hand followed my hand, her fingers lingering in my hair as she kisses me back.

That stunning smile I adore graced her lips again, and my entire body relaxed. She cleared her throat to speak, so I handed her my glass of water so she could take a sip after weeks of being on an IV. Once she'd drank the whole glass she finally spoke.

Ellie's POV:

"Hi Buck" I smiled, I still felt groggy and I couldn't remember how I got here or how long I've been here, but judging by the stubble on Bucky's face it was a while - it was more of a beard really. He said hi back before leaning in to hug me. I raised my arms with the little strength I had and hugged him back. "What happened?" I whispered to him as we held eachother.

Before he could answer a doctor walked in to check on me, visibly shocked to see me awake. They checked me over and once they realised I was stable they unhooked me from one of the machines and removed my IV. He informed me I had come in with 4 broken ribs, a broken left leg, severe concussion, a broken left arm, a dislocated right shoulder, and various internal bleeds. Luckily the technology here was donated from Tony last year, so they managed to mend me quite well. I was told I'd suffer with chronic pain for a little while and I'm on bed rest for at least 8 weeks. I'd also have to have daily visits from a nurse for a week just to keep an eye on me after being in a coma for so long and actually dying.