ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟙𝟜

𝔾𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕞

After Bucky had set me down in his room he pointed towards the bathroom. I looked back at the door and peered up at him, confused why he had brought me to his room and not my own. Did he want me to stay with him? Why?

"Go shower while I find you something to wear afterwards, dont get out till you've warmed up" he nodded to the bathroom again. I knew it was an order, but he still said it gently like he was simply trying to take care of me. My heart warmed at the idea, and with a quiet mutter of agreement I got into the shower. I liked this caring side to him, I knew he was nice to me but it's never been like this. My heart felt warm at the idea he cared even slightly for me, but my head still argued it was sympathy or just simply an act.

His products weren't as varied as mine but he had a decent collection. Tea tree shampoo with a built in conditioner (I knew my hair would hate me for it, but I used it anyway) and a body wash that somehow smelt of musk and forests. Whatever they used in guys stuff they needed to use in it girls because wow, the second I got a bit out the bottle the whole bathroom smelt of it, rather impressive really. Ignoring the goblin in my brain that was obscenely happy I was going to smell like Bucky, I got out the shower and wrapped myself in a large fluffy towel. It was then that I remembered my lack of dry clothing.

I cracked open the bathroom door and peered out, scanning the room for any sign of the tin man. "Buck?" At the sound of my voice he emerged from his walk in wardrobe across the room. His eyes flicked down to my body, but quickly looked into my own out of respect for my vulnerable nature. I didnt miss the slight darkening of the ocean blue I love so much, and I hope my eyes didnt change as much as his did or I'd be truly exposed. I shivered, feeling the cold creep back in and bite my skin again, goosebumps appearing all over me. "I uh, I dont have any clothes" I felt the blush on my cheeks deepen but smiled at the one-out soldier.

Bucky snapped out of his daze with a shake of his head and a tint on his cheeks. "Oh sorry, here" he handed me a bundle of clothes, "it's just a t-shirt and a pair of my boxers, I dont have anything else that would fit you".

My smile widened to show how grateful I am for his effort. "Thanks Buck, but you know I could just go to my own room and get my own clothes".

"No, just put those on then get into bed. I'll go in the shower once you're done and then we'll warm you up with some extra blankets okay?"

"Okay" was all I decided to say, not wanting to word vomit how much I loved the idea, then shut the door and changed into his clothes. They were soft and they were large on me but I managed. My favourite part about this was how I entirely smelt of Bucky. I was just a big ball of his scent right now and I adored it as well as the feeling it gave me. When I opened the door Bucky was leaning against a wall in nothing but a pair of boxers. His breathing increased ever so slightly, like his heart rate had picked up. Is he okay? Does he not like me in his clothes? "Hey" was all I could say to him, afraid I'd end up upsetting him more.

He smirked at me "hey, you look better in that shirt than I do" he joked, making me giggle. "Go get into bed Doll, I'll be out in a second" he nodded towards his bed and I felt comfortable climbing in and snuggling under his black, cotton sheets to get warm again. There was something natural about being around Bucky and doing things together, and it was getting harder and harder for me to deny. This is entirely new, maybe Bucky's not like him. Maybe this isnt such a bad thing?

While questioning myself and the shards of my heart that were left, Bucky had showered and was already opening the bathroom door, revealing him in black joggers... and nothing else. Hey that's more than what he went in with. But did that also bother me? This snapped me from my thoughts quicker than I'd like to admit, but also mad it impossible to ignore the ideas that raced through my brain.... and core.

"You warm enough?" Clearly noticing my slight shiver, that was more because of my own mind than the cold that had gnawed away at my bones, he grabbed the 2 throw blankets he had on the sofa and layered them on top of me. Satisfied with the blanket sandwich hed made on top of me, Bucky climbed in next to me and faced me, but didnt say anything. We looked at eachother for a little while, just taking in the comfort of the space we made. I noticed the warmth that radiated from him, and I longed to cuddle up to him and enjoy it. But I didnt. I stayed rooted to my spot and kept looking at him, paying attention to every fleck of colour in his eyes and each small crease in his face.

Bucky was the first to say anything, breaking the comfortable silence between us but still keeping the comfortable presence. "You warmed up yet? Do you want a hoodie too?" I smiled at the concern he showed for me, not missing how real it truly was. However, I also noticed the twinge my heart made when he didnt use the nickname he'd given me.

"I'll be okay, just need to stay under the covers a little longer then I'll be outta your hair. I'll wash the clothes you've given me and get em back to you asap, okay?" I was honest, knowing I'd want Nat to give me back my clothes if she'd stolen them from me, but a part of me wanted to never take them off. He chuckled, and brushed a strand of damp hair that had fallen onto my forehead.

"Keep them, you look better in them than I do" he said softly, voice barely above a whisper.

I smiled at him, the little goblin in my brain (and probably most other strange creatures and demons in there) did a little dance at the thought of being able to wear his clothes more often. I wanted to beat the goblin with its left foot for getting so excited, but I knew I was desperate for comfort like that and allowed him to continue his little jig.

Anyone could see the sweet nature in him showing for me, and I swooned, "c'mere". He moved and opened his arms for me to snuggle into his chest. And I did. He held me tight and rested his chin on my head. "Fuck Doll, you're freezing"

I smiled as the nickname reappears, and nuzzled my face into his chest further. I felt warm instantly from being so close to him, my body temperature had probably barely changed but the heat in my chest was undeniable. I decided then and there that I liked him, or at least finally admitted it to myself. Moving my head so I looked up at him, I gently kissed his jawline, moving back to my original position immediately. Bucky blushed furiously while I looked at the wall, and little did I know he decided the same thing as me.

"Goodnight Doll, sleep well" was all he said, afraid of saying the wrong thing. But he still gave me a kiss on the forehead in return, making the butterflies flutter their tiny wings slightly in my stomach.

I smiled, "goodnight Buck, sweet dreams" and I closed my eyes. The gentle squeeze of Bucky's cuddle lulling me into a deep comfortable sleep almost instantly. But there was one small downside to being like this with him. One that some could argue were barely even another side.

The dreams.

Hey darlings! Hope you like this chapter :) pls keep voting and commenting, I rly appreciate it all and the support I've been getting from everyone. Sorry updates are slower than I'd like, I'm crazy busy w college and family stuff but I'm writing when I can and focusing on the quality rather than the speed. I'm aiming to post once a week, more if I can, so pls bare with me and I'll do my best for you :)

Ily all and have a great day/night loves <3