ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟚𝟛

𝕙𝕖𝕗𝕤 𝕠𝕟𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤

Bucky's POV:
She was perfect. On so many levels, she had no idea how gorgeous she was. I was in absolute awe of the woman running down the hall in front of me. She nearly slipped a few times, clearly the fluffy socks she was wearing caused a few traction control issues, making me laugh even harder at her antics.

When the angel skidded into the wall rather than stopping she began laughing so hard she became wheezy. We were both in hysterics at this point, laughing so hard tears were forming due to her goofy nature. This was my favourite side of her. Making people laugh - including herself - just by being who she wanted to be. Just by being her. It was a beautiful quality of hers and it seemed to brighten everyone up around the compound.

I ran over and swooped her up, making her squeal as I threw her over my shoulder to carry her to the kitchen before she hurt herself or made one of us burst a lung laughing. She laughed and playfully hit my back as I walked us down the last hallway and into the empty kitchen before setting her down. She immediately spun around looking at all the cupboards like they had recipes plastered on the dark wood doors.

"Hmmm..." then one cupboard caught her eye and she ran to it, flinging it open and, before I could stop her, jumping to grab a bag of something. It hit the counter with a thud before she could catch it, but it was swiftly scooped up and presented to me. "How about my speciality, cheesy pasta?"

Nodding, I responded "sounds delicious Doll, how can I help?"

Ellie walked around the kitchen island and pulled out a barstool, patting it she smiled in a relaxed and breathtaking way. "Nope, you do what you do best Buck. Sit there and look pretty"

Laughing, I shook my head but still followed her orders - not wanting to get the bag of pasta thrown at my head. Once seated I watched her set the pasta down and think for a second, as if running over the recipe in her head, then whiz over to the kettle and carry it to the sink to fill it. "Sure you dont want any help?"

When she tried to lift the kettle from the sink, her answer came out strained "shut up", but I was already up before she could answer.

I chuckled, taking the kettle from her arms and kissing her forehead before putting it back and turning it on. She was blushing when I turned back around but I didnt say anything, too in aw of the sight of my Doll smiling and blushing over a simple act. The kettle was already half boiled before she realised she was zoned out, and the noise disturbed her peace causing her to begin rushing around again. She grabbed a pot from her side of the island, vanishing out of my view for a second to crouch down and get it, and set it on the stove before pouring the pasta in. Salt followed after, just in time for the kettle to be ready.

The kettle was in my hand before she could turn around, and I poured the water over until she said stop and turned the hob on. As I was putting it back I felt 2 small arms wrap around my waist and a head lean against my back. I turned around with a smile on my face, pulling her closer and holding her tight, she hummed happily and snuggled closer into me. After a moment of taking it in we separated, allowing her to grate cheese and get out the butter while the pasta cooked and I sat watching her in admiration that I couldn't even begin to explain.

Ellie's POV:
I knew he was watching me, but oddly enough I never felt uncomfortable with it. It felt almost as if he was just making sure I didn't drop anything or hurt myself.

Time passed quickly, and the pasta was done and drained instantly. I made one large bowl, making sure the pasta was well buttered and there was plenty of cheese after my snacking on it while still grating. I grabbed two forks out of the drawer and pushed the bowl over to him before walking around the island and sitting next to him. I handed him a fork and we both took a bite, me moaning at taste and Bucky sighing with happiness.

"Doll, this is delicious" he kissed my cheek before taking a second bite. My mouth was already stuffed with my second and third bite so I couldn't say thank you until I'd finished chewing. He chuckled at my happy dance when going in for my 4th bite, and I grinned before loading the cheesy pasta into my mouth.

Content was the word that came to mind. Bliss was another. It felt like it was out of a film, to sit here like this with him and enjoy a moment so small. As we ate the food I felt the tiredness sink in, and ended up leaning my head against his shoulder when we were finished.

Moving gently, he pulled away "I'll load the dishwasher and then we can go to sleep if you want Doll". I nodded slowly, admiring his slight confusion at how to put some things in the washer. Once it was closed I cleared my throat and call out "f.r.i.d.a.y. could you turn that on please" and with a quiet sound of water starting I knew she had heard me. Whoever someone spoke to the AI I always noticed how confused Bucky would look, never shocked but still confused, and it never failed to make me smile.

The super-soldier walked over to me and smiled, putting his hand out for me to take to help me get down from the stool safely. I followed behind him, keeping a hold of his hand until we were in my room.

Immediately I flopped onto my bed, not even bothering to lift up the duvet first, and hummed in happiness from feeling the soft sheets underneath me. I felt a blanket being laid on top of me and remembered Bucky wasn't beside me. Rolling onto my back, I patted the space next to me and he lay down too, and let me put half of the blanket on top of him too as I moved closer to his side.

"Cmon Dollface, get comfy" as he put his arm around me and let me lay my head on his shoulder. He kissed my forehead and I blushed, relaxing into the comfort of his arms and whispering a quiet goodnight to him. I felt a hum vibrate in his chest, "sleep well Ellie".

Hello darlings! I'm so sorry it's been so long since the last chapter, but here's chapter 23 finally! Thank you so much to everyone reading, I can't believe this has over 5.5k reads it's insane :D

Enjoy the chapter, pls comment and vote if you liked, I love seeing what you guys think :) and have a good day/night <3