Office Crush [Gavin Reed]

|| Gavin Reed x Male Reader

↳ I enjoyed writing about Gavin's personality, so here we are again. Sorry that it's short.

Summary || Gavin Reed has an office crush on the newest detective.

CWs: Swearing, dumb love, one-sided, rejection

GAVIN REED WAS a hopeless romantic. Not many people knew of the detective's dreams about love. Gavin Reed was moderately secretive about this side of his life. His stubbornness about his love life was an enigma in the office. The office flirt refusing to talk about love?

It was even weirder since a new detective transferred to the DPD. Y/N; a sharp-witted young man with an intense passion for investigation. He was one of the prettiest in the department, other than Connor.

All eyes followed Y/N as his presence filled the bullpen. Most had a passing interest in the detective, while others didn't care at all. Only one person cared enough to stare fervently at the man, Gavin Reed.

Tina was the first to notice Gavin's engrossment in the green detective. Gavin was unusually kind to Y/N, offering help with the paperwork or getting him coffee when he entered each morning. Tina also noted Gavin's passing stares at Y/N, his eyes big and awestruck.

She thought it was cute that Gavin had a crush on the handsome detective. Gavin thought he was being so slick. Y/N seemed oblivious; he assumed Gavin was this nice to every new guy.

Y/N was just as friendly toward Gavin. He figured it would be better to be friends with a detective who had been here longer. It would be beneficial to learn about the environment.

The two often hung out in the break room, chatting aimlessly. Occasionally, Connor would call Y/N back to work, but he always waved goodbye as Gavin sat with a goofy grin.

It wasn't until Connor pointed out how personable Gavin was towards Y/N. Hank firmly agreed with the android, which left Y/N to wonder why. What reason did Gavin have to be kind to Y/N? Why was he different?

Yet it wasn't until one late shift that Gavin explained his acts of service. Y/N was lingering by the coffee machine when Gavin entered the break room. He flashed a sweet smile before sitting down.

"Say, Gavin?" Y/N started, his expression filled with conflict. Gavin perked his head up, "Yes?"

"Why are you nice to me but no one else?" Y/N locked eyes with Gavin and watched as pure, unadulterated fear occupied his eyes. He cleared his throat, breaking eye contact before he spoke.

"Well, you're a nice guy. Why wouldn't I be nice?" Y/N nodded slowly, not fully believing him. Gavin turned his gaze back to the detective. Y/N sighed, unsure of his words. Should he drop it and let Gavin continue to lie to himself?

"I'm a detective too, Gavin. I know you're lying." Y/N decided to confront Gavin about his lie. For what reason would Gavin lie? Unless?

"You want me to be honest, huh? Well, first off, you're pretty and sweet. You're one of the first people that didn't push me away. It's not hard to see why you're likable, Y/N. You're a very charming guy." Gavin let the words flow out as Y/N stood shocked. Y/N shifted his eyes to the door.

"I should go." He said abruptly, leading up to him quickly exiting the break room. Gavin broke down quietly. He knew this would happen.

"I'm such a fucking idiot."

|| Word Count: 576