Be Safe [Captain Allen]

|| Captain Allen x Male Reader

↳ Old anon request, sorry, anon!

Summary || On the scene of a hostage situation Captain Allen injures himself, and a certain man comes in quickly after receiving a worrying phone call.

TWs: Swearing, blood.

NO ONE EVER SAID it was easy working in the SWAT department, especially when you're the captain. Today was no different. Late into the night, a call came in for a hostage situation. Although the team was in a frenzy, all were trained in the area and knew what to do. It is their job, after all.

Captain Allen was first on the scene, as he tended to be. An android who went deviant, grasping onto a young girl hostage on the edge of the balcony. The odds weren't great, but this was still his job. The rest of the team showed quickly after Allen, surrounding all corners of the apartment. The crisis negotiator walked out onto the patio to try to stop the situation, but he was shot pretty damn quick in the arm. A rough cry sounded from him. Blood dripped from him onto the wooden floor as he ran back inside.

Captain Allen wasn't worried. The events that took place gave a better idea for the tactical team leader to use and employ. He decided he was the next to go out. If reason didn't work, brute force might. Of course, he wasn't going out alone; that would be suicide. He already had total control of his team; it was time he used himself. Allen always thought he had a good head on his shoulders and could handle any situation. That's how he got to be SWAT captain.

He ran out with his shield and weapons, joined by four other men. All of them were on a mission; they all trusted their skills. The deviant stared them down with a scowl. Quickly, he fired shots at the officers. They continued moving forward, yelling commands at the abductor. The small girl cried and screamed in his arms as he fired round after round. His aim wasn't impressive, but one shot ricocheted off a fellow officer's shield and into David's thigh. He cried out in pain but kept moving forward.

Blood gushed down his leg, and the world turned dark.

A loud noise woke Captain Allen with a shock. Emergency medics were all over the scene. Allen noted he wasn't the only one being cared for; another officer was there with him, along with the crisis negotiator. He also noticed the blood pooling on the floor around them.

"Thank God you're awake." He looked up to see a medic who had a relieved look.

"Where is he!?" An alarmed voice called out.

Suddenly a man ran into the now-resolved scene. David knew who it was immediately. Although, he had never heard such heartache in his voice.

"Over here, Mr. L/N." Another medic brought Y/N to where David was having his wounds treated. A heavy breath left Y/N when his eyes set on David.

"Oh my God, I thought you died, David." His speech was shaky, and his cheeks were damp. Y/N had been sobbing the whole drive over.

"I'm fine. I'm alright now." Captain Allen didn't know how scratchy his voice was until he spoke. He reached out a hand to hold Y/N's clammy cheek. Y/N accepted the gesture, holding onto David's arm firmly.

The rest of the team stared in shock at the seemingly intimate moment between the two. No one had known Captain Allen was seeing anyone. They didn't want to say anything as the situation was still tense. David spotted their gawking looks while Y/N was unaware.

Y/N leaned his head into David's chest, his breathing still unsteady. David rubbed his back slowly to comfort him. Y/N was more worried about Captain Allen than he was about himself. He calmed down faster in David's embrace and pulled away to wipe his tears.

"So when can you come home?" There was an underlying tone of desperation in his words. David pursed his lips in thought. He knew he wasn't coming home tonight; he had to stay the night for observation.

"Not tonight, sweet pea." He gazed at Y/N with a tender eye. The others ogled at how vulnerable the captain was being. Rarely did the aloof man show genuine care for another. Sure, he confirmed everyone was safe, but he never comforted someone with saccharine words.

"Can I stay with you tonight? I don't want to leave you." Y/N still had a distressed wince to his expression. David smiled softly and nodded.

"As long as the medics are okay with it." He assured. David craved Y/N to be close to him. It hurt seeing him in pain, but it comforted him knowing Y/N cared so much.

"Don't be stupid like that ever again."

|| Word Count: 810