dos oruguitas

*Trigger warning: death. 

I know we have a happy ShiVi phase, but I felt like writing something apart from mush and deep conversations, and came up with this. Something I've been wanting to write for a very long time, but didn't have the heart to. 

My heart still aches from writing this, so it's not proof read. 

Would love to read your opinions on this piece! 

P.S Me Before You is my painstakingly favourite film. 

Also, this piece is inspired by the song Dos Orugitas from Encanto, where the song speaks about two caterpillars falling in love before having to let go of one another. 

Linking it below, do listen to it before you read the drabble below. 

....

Raavi walked into the hospital room, for what felt like the nth time in the day, with a bottle of water and a plate of food for Shiva, who was chilling on his hospital bed. He flashed his smile that made her melt everytime, even though she knew he felt weak.

But this time, she knew she'd probably be seeing that smile for the last time, after what the doctor said.

"Hey." She set her belongings on the table beside his bed, and sat down next to him, eyes red from all the crying outside the room.

"Hi." Shiva smiled cheekily, holding her hand, and all Raavi could think was how she'd never feel this warmth again.

Her lips quivered, as her tears resurfaced and trailed down her cheek, hands holding on tightly to his, her last hope.

"Hey, hey." He said softly, and she shifted closer to him, her feet tucked under her as he scooched over to make place for her. "Stop crying."

"I can't. I can't, Shiva." Raavi sniffled, wiping her tears with the side of her palm. "It hurts. Please don't go."

"Aye my chipkali, look at me." Shiva kept his hand on her cheek, wiping away her tears as she looked at him, the pain in her eyes hurting him more than he knew.

"You knew this was going to happen, didn't you? Don't hurt yourself like this." He said, and she bit her lip, refusing to let her sobs escape, her tears betraying her.

"I like living in denial, okay? What will you do about it?" Raavi complained, making him chuckle.

All she could wonder was, how was he so brave, so happy.

"Nothing. Nothing at all, my love." Shiva smiled, and she hated how her heart was cracking a bit more, by the minute.

Raavi leaned forward, kissing his forehead, his cheeks his nose and rested her forehead against his, her tears leaving her cheek and reaching his.

"Mat jaa na, please. Please." She pleaded, kissing his lips once and then again, tasting her tears against his lips.

"Tujhe lagta hai mere liye ye aasaan hai, the thought of leaving you alone? It's not, chipkali. It's really not." He caressed her cheek with his thumb, tilting his head up to kiss her again. "But I want to go a happy man, my love. Do me a favour?"