shock laga? (part 2)

Shiva's ears rang as he heard Krish utter those words from his mouth. No, it can't be. She can't go like this.

Shiva hastily pushed Krish aside, and placed two fingers of his own in front of her nose.

She wasn't breathing.

"No, no, no, no, no, nahi AISA NAHI HO SAKTA! " Shiva yelled, while laying her down on the floor, flat on her back.

He angled her head and neck, bent down to check one more time if she was breathing and he was just simply panicking for no reason. No response.

"Mujhe iske liye maaf karde, Raavi." He whispered to her, before pinching her nose shut, and placing his lips on hers.

He blew some air into her mouth, and placed rhythmic compressions on her chest.

Thank god I paid attention in that CPR sessions Rishita Bhabhi made us attend forcefully. Maybe I should listen to her often.

This is not the time, Shiva. Focus.

He rubbed her hands, and periodically switched between blowing air, chest compressions and rubbing heat into her body.

It had been 5 tries already, and she wasn't close to responding. Shiva's eyes pooled with a fresh set of tears.

She wouldn't wake up and fight with him everyday. He wouldn't see her smiling face again. He won't be able to tell her how beautiful she looks, every day of his life. They won't spend their anniversary together, he'll miss the smile she would have if he brought her gifts.

Shiva bent down, and cupped her face in his, slowly joining their foreheads.

"I'm sorry, Raavi. I'm sorry. Mujhe maaf karde. Waapas aaja mere paas. Please." Shiva sobbed.

Drops of tears fell onto her face, as he cried his heart out, for the lifeless body of his wife lying right there. And there was nothing he could do.

He wanted to wake up to her beautiful face, everyday. He yearned to spoil her like no one ever would have. He wanted to hug her, take her on dates, and spend every second of his life with her.

She brought colour to his colourless life.

How did he not realise this before? He was in love. With his mami ki behen ki beti.

No. His Raavi. He was in love with his Raavi. He was madly in love with Raavi.

But it was too late. She wouldn't ever know.

Shiva caressed her cheeks with his thumb, eyes closed, still joined at their foreheads, whispering a series of apologies and confessions.

Their faces were so close, that they could feel their breaths.

And that's exactly what Shiva felt. A small breath, a gasp from her mouth, and just one word:

"Shiva"